Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 04-22-2011, 03:43 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 212/194/160

Height: 5'7"

Talking Hi! College gal here, looking for some change..

Hi everyone! I've lurked about this site for quite some time now, but have just now decided to join. I've only got a couple weeks left until I'm home for the summer, and this summer is all about weight loss and fitness, baby.

A little about me...I'm currently a psychology major, still doing my undergraduate degree. I speak German, and am hoping to do my graduate studies overseas. I have lots and lots of interests, including piano, cello, painting, video games, sewing, the list goes on and on...

As far back as I can remember, I have always been the chunky one. In the first grade, I actually used to be quite thin! But then I got incredibly sick, and after that, my metabolism and self control said "SEE YA!" and left. Immediately after that, I remember my eating habits were just terrible. I'd crave the worst things and eat in the worst way. I lost some of that "baby weight" just before high school, but I was never considered thin, always chunky.

I never imagined being thin, because my imagination couldn't even begin to piece together an ideal me! I have absolutely no idea what I'd look like fit, or even average. Hence why weight loss has always been a problem for me. Also, I still have some bad habits. I love the worst foods (Chinese buffet! Yes please!) and my body never tells me when it's full, or "had enough" so overeating and knowing exactly when to eat is an issue.

So, this summer, I've decided. I'm tired of being the fat friend at college parties that no boys want to talk to. I'm tired of being ignored. I'm tired of being ashamed at the way I look in the mirror, and the way I feel about my body. I'm tired of living this way, because really...I'm not living at all!

So cheers to all you wonderful ladies out there, doing what's best for you. I'm so glad to be here.
Murpheous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 03:59 PM   #2  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 195/195/170

Height: 5'3"

Welcome! Good for you for getting healthy at a younger age. Believe me, its hard to get weight off the older you get.
Best of luck on your weight loss journey. Your are on the road to a new and improved, healthier you!
NEMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 06:07 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 323/311/160

Height: 5'6"

Hi there! Join us over on the 20-somethings board... lots of college chicks there to mingle with. I just graduated from university myself, so I've been through the struggle of losing weight while taking many classes, interning, and working.

That's how I felt too back when I first started... I was sick of being the fat one, not being able to do things I wanted to do, and getting no male attention. However, it didn't take any weight loss at all for me to make an attitude change. I ended up meeting someone and getting married (and I'm still overweight), getting more comfortable with my body, and doing the things I've always wanted to do. All the while getting healthier and more fit. There is great support here on this board, welcome!
Everlasting is offline   Reply With Quote