Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 06-21-2011, 07:05 PM   #301  

S/C/G: 166/ticker/131 (for now!)

Height: 5'3"

See, there you go! I want to be fit enough to not be called a grenade if I ever see Pauly D (I love him).
elizabethyellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 07:20 PM   #302  

S/C/G: 168.4/168.4/145

Height: 5'6

hahaha thankfully he didn't me, i need to lose some pounds beforehand so i don't get called a grenade either! lol you're from arizona?? how hot is it there right now?! lol
kristia117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 07:22 PM   #303  

Oh man, today it is about 108, tomorrow is supposed to be 111. Running around in that heat would probably make me lose some weight! LOL
Old 06-22-2011, 08:32 AM   #304  
...Live.Your.Dream...

S/C/G: 186/180/150

Height: 5'6"

Morning friends! Hope everyone is doing well. I havent been to the gym or stuck to my diet in 5 whole days now. the first 3 days I was sick, now I have no excuse... Time to get my butt to the gym tonight and get a SERIOUS workout on!

How is everyone else doing?
WendeeLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 11:14 AM   #305  

Good Morning Wendee! I have been doing well with my diet, so far the only slips were for pre-determined desserts but I still stayed within my caloric limit. There is no way I will be able to cut out sweets entirely; I just have to monitor myself and not go overboard, AND choose treats that are "better" than others

Still haven't started working out - it's freakishly hot in AZ so the possibility of doing anything outdoors is nil. That leaves poppin' in the workout DVDs, which I really really should do today. Let's see if it happens though - HA!

I hope everyone else is doing well! Share your progress ladies.
Old 06-22-2011, 11:19 AM   #306  

S/C/G: 168.4/168.4/145

Height: 5'6

oh wow elizabeth! that's really hot! lol i wish jersey was warmer, the weathers been so crappy here lately it doesn't even feel like summer :/

hi wendee! i'm new to the forum so nice to meet you

i'm just starting my new diet/workout plan today and am headed to the gym in a little bit. any ideas for a really good cardio workout that burns a lot of calories? something other than running though, i'm still working my way up to that :P i'm also going to try swimming in my pool every morning for like an hour since swimming is good cardio that works all of the muscles. i don't know if i should start counting my calories though, because everytime i do i just get annoyed with the hassle of it and then give up. any suggestions?? lol
kristia117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 04:56 PM   #307  

S/C/G: 195/176/150

Height: 5'7"

Just thought I'd say hello!

Looks like life (and the weight loss plan) will be getting back on track soon. We're FINALLY moving into our new house. YAY!

Hope you have all had a wonderful week!
fresno26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 06:08 PM   #308  

Kristin117: I REALLY enjoy the rowing machine... I don't know if that's weight training or cardio though. But man that thing is actually fun! Plus they usually put it right in front of the fan
Old 06-24-2011, 06:25 PM   #309  
Results>Reasons

S/C/G: 196/190/150

Height: 5'9"

@Kristia- I'd recommend hopping on a site, like loseit or fitday, and just randomly search for foods that you know you're going to eat, or that you know is the only thing you have in your kitchen.

After awhile, you remember how many calories certain things are. It sounds like a pain in the butt initially, but we really are habitual people and tend to eat the same things all the time...so there's really not that many things we need to look up -- in most cases.

Planning your meals ahead of time is good too. Like a shopping list, only with the serving size/calories on there. GL!
AriesNV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 02:18 PM   #310  
Insanity Round 3!!!!

S/C/G: 168/134/138

Height: 5'6"

Fresno26,
Hi I'm new to this thread but I saw it and thought it would b great to find a buddy! I was laughing because we r about the same weight now and we have the same goal weight. If your username has to do with where you live, we have that in common too! Hope we can help each other out, I'm on week 3 of insanity and I start running with cross country tomorrow. I'm excited about this site there seems to be so much great support. I need it Fter baby #2! have a great day
munstermommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 07:46 PM   #311  
And so it begins....

S/C/G: 135/ticker/118

Height: 5'0"

Default Feeling motivated for many reasons

Hi all!!

Well I had a bit of a slow start because I went to the doctor and they thought I may have a bit of hypothyroidism.... After some further tests everything came back in a normal range so I got the a-okay and encouragement to start my diet/workout regime.

I got a bit of a start Sunday, but officially started today (Wednesday). I did the TurboFire HIIT 15 workout today with the Stretch 10. After feeling like I could do a bit more I did the TurboJam Ab Jam later in the afternoon. I am sure I will be feeling it tomorrow!

I am really motivated to start seeing results. I am not good at dieting, I must admit. So, I am going to do the best I can and really try to watch what I eat, especially when on the go with a busy lifestyle!! I look forward to giving and receiving support here, because it seems like an excellent group! =)

There's also one more reason for me to be motivated.... I met a guy. It has been a very long time since I have been interested in someone because I have been focused on school and now my career for quite some time. I really haven't told any of my friends about him (well, we've only been on two dates), but I just don't want to jinx it! So, I feel like working out and getting back in shape may help my confidence and help me have more to offer someone I am dating. Wish me luck!!

Can't wait to check in with you all soon!! Keep up the great work! You all really know how to motivate a girl! <3
SweetSteph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 04:46 AM   #312  

S/C/G: 215/184/135

hey there! I have a mini goal of 30lbs and would love the support. Im open to contacting privately. But I'm not sure how...My time stamp must show that Im up crazy hours I'm sure, but since I'm in Romania, I'm actually 8hrs ahead of the time stamp it shows. Anyone up crazy hours of the night and would be online when I am?
swoody29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 04:57 AM   #313  

S/C/G: 215/184/135

Hey Kristia-
I agree with Aries. I also am not good at putting something in a calorie counter after I eat it. So I try and just put up everything for the day in the mornign. I normally know what I'm going to eat and putting down the serving size ahead of time holds me accountable to not eat more than that. then if I end up eating something else, then the next morning I just go back to the day before and add it. No one else sees it but me and theres no point in lying to myself. I started at 1500 cals a day because I was doing the Curves curcuit and burning 700 cals a day. Now that I'm on my own and use to fewer cals, i cut it down to 1200. So dont go crazy at first start with cutting 500 cals a day. That will calulate to a lb a week. Good luck fellow weight loss budy!
swoody29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 07:20 AM   #314  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/120

Height: 5'4

elizabethyellow I started out with 31lb to lose too! I'm down to 21 now, but it's been a slooooow process, I'm not nearly as dedicated as many on these threads! I've not been to the gym in 10 days now - really need to get the motivation to go tomorrow. We can do this! BTW

Kristia117 I find I feel the best after doing cardio circuits - If you're not up for running, try power walking on a high incline for 10 mins, then bike / recumbant bike for 10 mins, then maybe the rower or elliptical. Unlike elizabethyellow I hate the rower, it hurts so bad! I love the elliptical trainer but probably because I don't find it so hard!!! On the calorie counting side of things, I did it religiously for about 8 weeks, now I've totally given up. As AriesNV says, once you've done it for a while you get to know a lot of the foods you eat and it's not so time-consuming. I've chosen not to log every calorie now, but try and use my common sense to get a good balance of foods.

Welcome to all the newbies, and hi to all the regulars! I've been away for a while but hoping to get back and post as often as I can find the time
themilesawaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 11:17 AM   #315  

YAY ladies! Yesterday I had my first NSV - I went to a friend's house, who I have not seen for a good 4- 5 months, and she said I look skinny! ME! Granted, I still have a loooong way to go, but that little push was really all I needed to add a little bit more motivation!