Looking for someone else who has roughly 30 pounds to lose

You're on Page 6 of 23
Go to
  • @jenjen it was pretty good. I only had half a piece though, so I don't think I got all the yummy flavor. I did notice it gets kinda "ew" fast, but I can chew a piece of gum for ages so it's no biggy.

Also, I think with your attitude, you'll get to where you want to be quicker than you think. Just don't give up!

@Nelbi0117, are you counting calories? Bulking up on carbs, maybe? Seems strange that you cut that much and still aren't seeing any results- how long have you been at it?
  • @yhahmd I'm not counting calories I should right?...I've been at it for like a month and a half...As for carbs? I have no idea. I do eat bread and cereal on a regular basis.
  • Morning all!

Sorry I wasnt on last night, I had a very disturbing incedent take place at the gym.. you can read about it here if you feel so inclined.. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weig...t-me-down.html

Anyway, now that I am over that..Ill tell ya a bit about my night/morning. I went to the gym last night after work- we did kickboxing. Then I went home (posted the above thread re: my trip to the gym) and then I cooked steak for hubby and I. I also had a small baked potato with fat free sour cream and a bit of fat free cheddar. No desert for me..

This morning I whipped up a shake and tried something new.. Chocolate protien powder, hazelnut coffee, 1/2 cup of milk, and some coconut. Blended it up with ice. YUM! Except I might get some coconut extract, because the little flakes dont get blended, and are kinda weird coming through a straw.

Anyway, I will probably heat up some lil turkey smokeys in a bit but for now, thats it!

Last night I watched two episodes of that new show "addicted to food" or whatever its called on OWN.. pretty good. They have a bulimic on the show who is also addicted to exercise.. Its kinda interesting! Anyway... Thats about all I have to say today I think...

Hope yall have a fantastic Friday
  • I'm a busy 48 y.o. mom who finds time to focus on everyone but myself and am committed to change that starting today. My mother, who has always been overweight and hated exercise, just had knee surgery 10 days ago and is still in a rehab facility struggling to get mobile again. Had complications and very high anxiety about losing her independence so I've been living at the hospital in-between handling all my other obligations.

It's been a real eye opener. I don't want to become my mom and need to get control of my eating and exercise habits NOW. I was a college cheerleader many pounds ago, power-walked the Disney Marathon in '06 and looove to work out but haven't carved the time in my schedule to do it regularly. Have cavus deformity in my feet (extra high arches... Didn't know at the time why walking and jogging that marathon was so painful even with orthotics). 15 months ago my plantar fasciitis and tendonitis got so bad I had to stop walking altogether and just bike for several months til it healed. Didn't do it regularly so the 10 lbs I'd lost crept back on.

Can walk again now, though, have an 80 lb dog that would love to go with me if I can commit to it before the heat of the day kicks in, and will be going to the mountains June 18 and do not want to be squished uncomfortably into my fat jeans by then. Need support, though, since I eat too much of the wrong foods when stressed or busy.

Sorry such a long post!! Read all of yours and am already psyched that this is the place for me. Congrats to all of you who have been strong enough to undertake this journey, and I hope to be able to learn from your success. And for other newbies, let's make it happen this spring and summer!!!
  • Oh, and the last time I weighed 30 pounds less than I do now was briefly after my daughter's birth in 1999. Had morning sickness all day through that pregnancy and actually ended up 10 lbs lighter at the end. So although in my dreams I'd weigh even less, if I lost 30 lbs I'd be in absolute heaven and have set that as my summer goal.
  • Welcome!
    You can do anything you set your mind to!

Hello everyone!
    I am getting ready to fix breakfast, and then its off to the gym for me! Its going to be a busy weekend, so I am not sure how often I will be on! Hope everyone has a Happy Easter! <3
  • Hi friends!

I've decided to not weigh in for a while. I am apparently on another long plateau, and seeing little to no progress gets really old. So I'm just going to keep doing what I'm doing, and hope for the best. I think I'll weigh in again on May 15th or so. Hoping for 156 lbs by June 1st, though it really seems like a stretch at this point. Boo!

I am planning to hit the gym pretty hard during the next week or so, though this weekend I might take a little rest.

How is everyone doing? We've got a busy weekend planned! I'll try to get online tomorrow.

Happy Easter !
  • Hey Fresno! I am kinda on the same boat as you with the weigh in thing! Its very frustrating no matter how far we know we have come, when the scale wont friggin move. i totally get that!!

My weekend was pretty busy up until about an hour ago! Saturday was bootcamp, and running errands, took my son swimming, and colored eggs. And we had dinner... I knew that we would be having a yummy dinner at my moms this afternoon, so I made sure I did not cheat yesterday, so that I could today..
    Extra lean hamburgers on sandwich thins, mashed cauliflour (faux mashed potatoes) and steamed veggies!

I Then I was up until 1am waiting for his little butt to fall asleep so I could hide eggs! Yay!

Finally, he fell asleep...

^ I know, I know.. I am pretty sneaky...

Then we got up this morning, and of course, the egg hunt began...

I made biscuits and gravy with reduced fat biscuits, extra lean turkey sausage, whole wheat flour, and skim milk. YUM!

Then got the family ready and headed out to my moms! My husband and I returned home, childless (he stayed at nanna's) at about 3pm. We went to Home Depot to price out our garden we will be planting soon! Supppper excited about that! And then went on an hour long walk with our pup...

Now we are home.. and relaxing on the couch... Not sure what I will fix for dinner.. but I am sure something delicious!

I am hittin the gym at 5:30am tomorrow! And bootcamp at 6pm! I am sure I will be on at some point tomorrow!

I hope you all had as blessed of a day as we did!
  • Im looking to lose about 30lbs so would be be great to talk 2 u girls 4 support and advice!!
  • Hey everyone!

How's it going today?

Wendee, I love the new photo! You look great! I think the best advice I have for us is to stay patient. Seriously, like I've said before, I'm going to stick with this for a year and see what happens. So, hopefully the summer months will be good to us!!
  • 30lbs to lose
    Hi Everyone,
    I have 30lbs to lose and have only just found this site today.....I dont have any friends who need to lose weight and so I'm looking for buddies to keep me motivated as I've only just started my weight-loss programme and havent lost any weight yet.
    Also, Ive recently started taking Warfarin (Coumadin) and have found that this medication is making me put on weight even though I'm eating the same things as before.
    Really feeling down and need to be around some nice people who are encouraging and in the same position.
  • Newbie here, so I'm on the same boat.
  • Fresno- thanks!! I decided it was time to take some new pics! I decided to switch things up a bit and start working out more at the gym- less at Bootcamp!

I didnt do very well on my diet today.. first of all, I didnt even eat until 1:30pm. And it was a left over biscuit and gravy. Then I had half a slice of brownie cheesecake.. and then half a slice of chocolate birthday cake. oops!

I did good on dinner... Chicken breast with brown rice and steamed veggies! Yum!

To make things better for eating the cakes.. I went to bootcamp, andddd then to the gym. jogged 4.69 miles, biked up hill 3.56 miles, worked my arms and abs, and then sat in the steam room for 10 minutes

Now I am relaxing at home hope you all had a wonderful day/night!

How is everyone else's diet/exercise going?
  • WendeeLou, I heard the same thing about diet soda....or any food with artificial sweetner in it. Apparently when your taste buds register that you are eating something sweet (the artificial sweetner) and then the food goes down to your stomach and your digestive system finds only fake sugar after it got all ready to receive the real thing, your body sends out massive signals for the real thing.....ie you start craving more sweet things and so the terrible craving for sugar goes on.

I am a terrible sugaraholic and the only way I can get the cravings down is to slowly wean myself off the sugar totally.....no substitutes. After a few weeks of ****, I can resist it much better. A bit like smoking, (which I've just given up...3 weeks now, yay) I have to go cold turkey.....no substitutes like patches or gum, its hard at first but it doesnt drag the cravings on forever.
  • Hi, my name is Lorri and I also want to lose about 30 pounds. I am approx 162, and want to be around 130-135. I am currently on a few heart and lung meds which are making me gain weight, so I am really frustrated that my scale is going up rather than down. I have gained over 10 pounds since January, and feel like a fat cow!! Maybe having buddies will help motivate me.

Lorri