3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Introductions (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/introductions-8/)
-   -   Looking for someone else who has roughly 30 pounds to lose (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/introductions/230457-looking-someone-else-who-has-roughly-30-pounds-lose.html)

TurboMammoth 05-17-2011 10:23 AM

themilesawaygirl : exactly, I'll try to do this without the WW reunions (but WITH the support of 3FC ;) ), and I'll put the money somewhere else (I'll have to change a few clothes if I finally mange to loose some weight :D) and for the nickname, everytime I see me nickname I'm like ''who the **** chose something like... oh yeah that's me'' :headache: Héhéhé!

I'm really glad I found the site because I'm doing the diet with my boyfriend, who is amazing and everything, but SOMETIMES gets on my nerve when it comes to the diet.. :p he has less pounds to loose and can eat much more than I do to get the same results! It gets a bit ...annoying. :D

We can do this!!

WendeeLou 05-17-2011 10:28 AM

Morning and welcome newcomers! :) I am busy busy busy at work so hope yall have a good day!

fresno26 05-17-2011 11:17 AM

Hello, friends!

I am EXHAUSTED. If sleep truly aids in weight loss, then I'm glad the scale is packed away. lol

How's everyone doing?!

I did the lawnmowing yesterday, but I was more casual about it than usual. Just didn't feel like busting my buns on it after we'd been moving all weekend. I am lazy sometimes! lol

No other exercise planned until we get some free time with the house issues. Hoping that will be next week :)

Happy Tuesday to all of you!

HiltonHead0704 05-17-2011 11:59 AM

Hi All,

It has taken me 3 days, but I have finally read all your posts! This group seems great! I need some motivation!

As for me, I am 31, working full time, and trying to get off some pesky lbs. I think the thinnest I have ever been is aroun 146-147. At that time I was working on the floors as a nurse and training for the half marathon. Since then, I got a desk job (a big promotion, but means I don't get any exercise at work), an out of town boyfriend (I commute between Dallas and Houston most weekends), and the same appetite!

During the month of April I did extreme paleo eating through "The whole 30". I admit now that I had more energy eating that way, but it does cut out so much food I love! So, in the 30 days, I lost 8 lbs, and 4 came back pretty quickly. I'm 167 right now, and 20 lbs would take me back to the thinnest weight for me. I've always wanted to get down to 135, but I'm not sure I want to give up so much I love for so long!

I have been doing Turbofire for about 6 weeks. I actually workout 5 days straight and take of Saturday and Sunday since I am traveling. As for my food plan, I have come up with my own, strange setup. Its basically the equivalent of counting calories for the lazy (me): Monday: Subway diet, Tuesday and Wednesday: Medifast, Thursday: Slimfast, Friday: Cereal Diet. Saturday and Sunday I will try to eat paleo mostly, although this weekend I know we have a 9-course dinner at the wedding we're going to!

Y'all are really inspiring, so thanks for letting me join!

fresno26 05-17-2011 12:02 PM

Hilton Head:

Welcome!

I know the feeling of the desk job weight! I almost think I should quit sometimes and get a full-time landscaping gig. lol

P.S. I love Dallas! :D

HiltonHead0704 05-17-2011 12:25 PM

Turbomammoth: I feel your pain. My bf and I did the whole 30 together. He lost 17 lbs in the 25 days he did it, and he didn't work out at all. He has kept 12 lbs off. I am proud of him, but I hate him :)

TurboMammoth 05-17-2011 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HiltonHead0704 (Post 3853717)
Turbomammoth: I feel your pain. My bf and I did the whole 30 together. He lost 17 lbs in the 25 days he did it, and he didn't work out at all. He has kept 12 lbs off. I am proud of him, but I hate him :)

I totally understand your mixed feelings! LOL

It's like ''Wow, love, CONGRATS!!! I'm really proud of you!! now shut up. :D''

Nice to meet you, HiltonHeat :)

themilesawaygirl 05-17-2011 01:02 PM

I have the opposite with my BF - he is on phase 2 of the Dukan diet and is eating nothing but protein 3 or 4 days a week. He is following it so strictly and I'm really proud of him for sticking to it, but I feel so inadequate in comparison! I could never stick to a plan that cuts out SO much, but all the same I feel guilty even eating things like beans and wholewheat bread because he's not allowed. Hopefully I'll get used to it soon!

TurboMammoth 05-17-2011 02:03 PM

themilesawaygirl : god, I've heard about the Dukan diet and its looks SO strict. i really worship everyone who's able to stick to that... I know I wouldn't!

RL1 05-18-2011 11:59 AM

I have about 40 - 50 pounds to lose... I'd like to join you! :)

WendeeLou 05-18-2011 02:59 PM

Hey all! Hope everyone is doing well! I havent been on the scale in a few days, but I am sure it wont read much different! Just been working like a madwoman and working out! I havent really had time to track food, so I know my trainer is going to get on me for that! Yikes!

How is everyone else doing? How is the new house Fresno?

fresno26 05-18-2011 04:02 PM

Yet to be determined, Wendee. Right now everything's in hiatus. SUPER stressful!

How are my 3FC friends today? :)

HiltonHead0704 05-18-2011 05:54 PM

Everytime I see the ads that say: "Does your Diet taste like this?" for Medifast, it cracks me up! Since I am only doing it 2 days a week, its tolerable, but it doesnt taste like any of the yummy pictures that pass by! I did have a delicious, warm, chocolate chip cookie today for a co-worker's bday. I think my calories for the day are still in a reasonable range for now though. Had a phone inteview for a job in Houston. Fingers crossed it might happen and not so much commuting to see the boyfriend can mean not so many traveling pounds!

TurboMammoth 05-18-2011 06:07 PM

Hey y'all! I hope everyone is having a good day so far!

I'm super happy today, because I already ate dinner and I still got some points (I'm on WW) to eat and spoil myself a bit tonight!! My season of indoor hockey is starting tonight, I'm really excited :)

And now I'm craving for a chocolat chip cookie, HiltonHead! ;)

fresno26 05-19-2011 04:42 PM

Indoor hockey? Tell me more!

I'm a big hockey fan. Sad my Red Wings lost to those jerks...lol

What's going on in 3FC Land today?

Hope everyone is doing well!