Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 02-06-2011, 05:39 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 211/211/150

Height: 5'8

Smile Newbie Here

Hello Everyone

My name is Darcy and I'm new to this site and looking for some support and tips on losing the weight I have gained from having 3 kids.

A little background on myself.....I'm a 28 year old mother of 3 who works a full time job working in Juvenile Justice. I'm married to my best friend and am lucky to have him in my life.

I cannot really pin point where my weight struggles began.....I graduated from college in 2004 and began putting on weight because I was no longer playing and training for my volleyball seasons. In 2006 my oldest DS was born....and I gained the usually amount during my pregnancy.....weight dropped a bit afterwards but never went back to pre-pregnancy weight.....in 2007 my DD was born.....gained less with her pregnancy but didn't lose any either.....in October of 2008 my daughter passed away unexpectedly 7 days before her 1st birthday. The night that she passed away I was actually in the hospital due to some arythmias. In the past few years since losing my daughter the weight has continued to creep up......I gave birth to my 2nd DD in Sept 2009 and gained quite a bit of weight.

I can honestly say at times that I eat because I'm "down and sad" there is no denying that....and at other times I eat out of boredom which is a HORRIBLE habit. If I'm watching TV I feel as though I need to eat.

I'm currently 5'8 and 211 lbs. I would give anything to get under 200 and then I know I would have the motivation to keep it going.

Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated TIA [/FONT]
takintimeformom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 09:58 PM   #2  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

Darcy, Im so sorry for your loss! Since Chicks can be overwhelming at first, I suggest you look for a Support group, Chat, or Challenge to join. Small groups of friends to help keep you motivated and make it easier to get connected. Find one you like that fits your needs, or inspires you, and just post to join.
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote