Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 02-06-2011, 01:03 PM   #1  
Hungry Hungry Dancer

S/C/G: tickertickerticker

Height: 5'4"

Default i am so sorry this is so long, i got kind of carried away #^.^#

hi my name is Stephanie and I live sort of near downtown Houston, TX (the weather has been SO bizarre this "winter"...anyone else in Houston experiencing this nutty season of ours ??)

i have lost large amounts of weight in the past....and...well, i am definitely not looking for a pity party, but i have gone through some pretty tough times beginning in my childhood....but not weight related..that came later as a result...i was a fairly normal/skinny little girl until i reached maybe 11 or 12...then I started gaining..

when i first decided to lose weight i was only around 180lbs...oooh would i LOVE to be 180lbs today !!....i got all the way down to around 130-140lbs...i lost it during my junior year in h.s. and stayed that way through my senior year and graduation......

sorry i am going into so much detail

after graduation i immediately skipped town to get away from one bad situation (living with parents) to another bad situation (abusive relationship)

gained i all back + more ending up at around 250lbs around the beginning of 2006...which is when i met my TO BE husband (11.11.11!!!!)...and my weight didn't seem to bother him at all...and it still doesn't....but that still isn't the end of my weight issues

over the course of the next few years i eventually started to try and lose weight and got down to 160lbs....still thought i was fat, i couldn't tell a difference at all...i know, crazy :/ ......then a very close and beloved relative killed themselves in a fairly gruesome manner...it hit me and everyone else pretty hard

i gained about 100lbs in about a year, maybe a few months more

that is just astounding !! 100lbs in a year ?? ....when i finally realized it...i felt utterly hopeless...like.. i have to do this AGAIN ??! ....i felt like a huge disappointment and a failure and i have been very hard on myself, unfortunately.......i rarely leave the house ..just groceries, occasional therapy/doctor's appt. .....not much else..i'm a shut-in

so...that is the (long version) of the story....i don't mind if no one reads it, i just want it to be out there to be absorbed by the universe

the huge difference this time is i feel MUCH more motivated...i am like supercharged READY TO GO.....get this >>lard<< OFF OF ME FOR GOOD.....pulling in the big guns this time with an arsenal of as much support as i can muster, feeding my eyes images of clothes i want to where, goals i want to achieve..ETC .....it is going to be a COMPLETE transformation in so many ways...and i guess that is the reason i have ended up writing so much as i usually do..i can't help i..i am jus excited....and it also helps that i found two types of workouts that i absolutely love and 100% recommend, they are the best The Bar Method & ZUMBA !!!! (i love to dance<--one of my goals: be in good enough shape to really dance it out !)

and OH YEAH...current weight is 268lbs....but i actually started losing this time around 277lbs

:c arrot:

blueballerina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 01:24 PM   #2  

Welcome Stephanie. This is a great place for support and we are glad to have you here!
Bunti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 01:31 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Welcome and good luck ! You have been through a lot but I see you want to turn your life around. Do you have a diet plan ?
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 01:45 PM   #4  
Hungry Hungry Dancer

S/C/G: tickertickerticker

Height: 5'4"

well....my plan right now is at least 3 fruits a day, the main parts of my meals are to be protein and veggies....i try to remember to ea 6 smaller meals, just cause it keeps me from feeling deprived and i have a steady source of fuel

my two favorite snacks are baby carrots w/ hummus and apple slices with peanut butter.....but only occasionally ! ..and love cherry tomatoes too and navel oranges have become a favorite

not really a very uniform meal plan, but i am working on figuring out all sorts of different protein sources to choose from and just trying new things, and remembering old health snacks i've loved before

my hugest problem most of the time is eating at night ! i swear i would lose faster if i was single and lived alone cause i would nevvvver go to fast food cause i'm so socially inept..not that getting fast food is really a social event, it is when you are super awkward like i am, so is grocery shopping, or even just being on the phone.....i'm kind of like a big kid that knows what to say, but not how to say it....so i stay quiet cause i apparently am only just now learning unspoken social rules ...or ramble on and on and on to strangers on forums.....until i feel i have been sufficiently annoying....which is definitely a step up to doing it in person

i will work on his, my posts don't need to be so long or include so much information !

oh yes, and i am 24 ...25 in April ...if you're wondering..

thanks for the welcome btw

Last edited by blueballerina; 02-06-2011 at 01:46 PM.
blueballerina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 09:54 PM   #5  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

Stephanie, Since Chicks can be overwhelming at first, I suggest you look for a Support group, Chat, or Challenge to join. Small groups of friends to help keep you motivated and make it easier to get connected. Find one you like that fits your needs, or inspires you, and just post to join.
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote