Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 02-01-2011, 08:48 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 190/190/145

Height: 5'7

Talking Hi everyone! ^.^

Hello! My name is Simone, and I'm new to this site!I am 18, and a freshman in college, I hope that I can help others, and also get help too! I also hope to meet new people and make friends with similar goals as me! Take care
Chaselove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 12:15 PM   #2  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Hey Simone, and

College is a great time to lose weight, though it can also be challenging. Does your school have a free gym you can use? Mine did, and my biggest regret is not using it more when it was still free! Are you eating on a meal plan/in the dining hall? More than likely you'll have some healthy options there, you'll just need to find them.

You might (even though you're a little shy of your 20's) want to join the 20-somethings forum...great support from people near your age range. We also have groups by eating plan (Calorie Counters, South Beach, etc) and a lot of smaller challenges and chats, so settle on in.

Can't wait to get to know you better!
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 12:21 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 243/199.4/190

Height: 5'8"

Hi Simone, and welcome! I so wish I had done this when I was younger, like you. Good luck with your goals! This place is great for meeting people, support, and general knowledge from people who have gone through or are continuing on their weight loss.
wesley587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 12:50 PM   #4  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Simone, Glad to have you join us.
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 12:57 PM   #5  
Amanda Swan

S/C/G: 231/220/160

Height: 5'6

Hi I am 21 so I completely understand trying to get a hold on things while still young. I just wanted to say welcome and good luck!!
amandaswan89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 01:41 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 255/ticker/155

Height: 5'3"

Hi Simone! I'm new too, and also a 'youngster' I'm not sure what your college situation is (living on campus, dining plan, etc), but I found that for me personally, I ate worse when on a meal plan because I didn't care for my school's food! Something that's helped me stay on track these past 2 or 3 weeks is to find what works for you best (calorie counting, programs like Weight Watchers, etc) and don't try to change everything at once. In the past I've tried to both restrict my calorie in take AND go nuts exercising, but it's just not that sustainable in the long run. Since I hate going to gym, I opt instead to use open pool hours at my college, which also might be something working checking into at your school. Good luck, and stay positive!
Michi702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 02:00 PM   #7  
Crabalocker Fishwife

S/C/G: 323/ticker/145

Height: 5'8"

Welcome! I'm in college, too (a junior)! 3FC is a fabulous place for support...be sure to check out the 20-somethings forum, lots of students post there!
taliee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 05:17 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 190/190/145

mandalinn82: Thank you so much for your reply! My school has a gym. I use it sometimes, but I feel embarrassed, because there are a lot of guys there . I'm going to try and use it more though. I'm still at home, I'm going to a community college for now so things will be easier! I'm on WW so I'm going to look over there, and check out the other forum you mentioned (20's)! Thank you so much, and I hope to get to know you better too!

wesley587: Thank you so much, and any time is a great time to start! Good luck!

patchworkpenguin: Thank you, and I'm glad to join!

amandaswan89: Thank you so much! I wish you plenty of luck too!

Michi702: Thanks! I'm probably going to end up going to the gym at school, and I am also going to try and join the YMCA near my house. I used to swim when I was younger, but I stopped! Best of luck!

taliee: Thank you! I'm going to check out that forum it sounds totally great! Good luck, and thank you!

Thanks everyone for taking the time to reply to me! I just know I'm going to love it here as I get the support that I need, and give even more back to anyone I can! I can tell you guys are amazing already!

Ps. Please excuse my overuse of the exclamation mark. It's an addiction, and I'm trying to break it! <
Chaselove is offline   Reply With Quote