3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Introductions (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/introductions-8/)
-   -   Only fat vegetarian (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/introductions/224103-only-fat-vegetarian.html)

ColleenEatsVeg 01-29-2011 04:07 PM

Only fat vegetarian

Hi all, bit of a joke there but I am living proof that vegetarians can be fat. Over 80lbs to lose after finding out and living with underactive thyroid. Was quite a blow for me but determined to atleast have control over my eating.

Live just north of London, and this week I started the Rosemary Conley diet which I think might be a uk-only slimming club. It's basically a weigh in, workout (I went to Latin dance) and then a little talk about low fat eating. It seems quite exercise based with 5 days a week including the class.

The first 4 weeks is low cal before upping the calories based on weight/lifestyle..three days on and already can't wait for the uppin in calories :)

Look forward to meeting the ladies here will losing the 6 stone (80-90lbs).

Haley8203 01-29-2011 04:14 PM

Hi! I am a vegetarian also!!! And I'm very far from thin and I also have thyroid issues....nice to meet you! I'm Haley.

Iianae 01-29-2011 04:16 PM

Vegetarian here and 98 lbs to lose...you aren't alone.

Marchmallow 01-29-2011 04:51 PM

Hey! Also in the UK, but I'm a fat Vegan! How'd that happen? haha! I also have thyroid probs. I find taking a Sea Kelp supplement helps (iodine for the metabolism) :D Nice to meet you!!

ColleenEatsVeg 01-29-2011 05:04 PM

Thanks for the replies and thanks March for the suggestion. Aye chips and cake done me in :) No more cake on the menu for me... I hope

opheliaphoenix 01-29-2011 06:54 PM

I'm also a vegetarian, and I have over 100 to lose...so, definitely not alone! Breads and like carbs are my enemy.

lajpr 01-29-2011 07:08 PM

Hey guys,

If you all are vegetarians, then make sure you are getting enough B12 in your diet. B12 is only found in meats and some dairy (I think...not so sure on the dairy part). If you are more fatigued than normal, you might want to have these levels checked by your doctor.

joyyoj 01-29-2011 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ColleenEatsVeg (Post 3683012)
Hi all, bit of a joke there but I am living proof that vegetarians can be fat. Over 80lbs to lose after finding out and living with underactive thyroid. Was quite a blow for me but determined to atleast have control over my eating.

Live just north of London, and this week I started the Rosemary Conley diet which I think might be a uk-only slimming club. It's basically a weigh in, workout (I went to Latin dance) and then a little talk about low fat eating. It seems quite exercise based with 5 days a week including the class.

The first 4 weeks is low cal before upping the calories based on weight/lifestyle..three days on and already can't wait for the uppin in calories :)

Look forward to meeting the ladies here will losing the 6 stone (80-90lbs).

Good thing you discovered the thyroid issue! I was a strict vegetarian for almost 15 years (till last year or so)! (I gained weight after taking anti-depressants). I have approx. 50 lbs to lose...Best of luck to you with your program!

Latin dancing sounds like a fun form of exercise!

:welcome:

ColleenEatsVeg 01-29-2011 07:15 PM

Hypothyroid is no picnic, sleep loads now but does surprise me how much I can exercise. Definately a different kind of tired.

fresno26 02-01-2011 09:46 AM

I'm a vegetarian too! I've got around 35 pounds left to lose.
Anyone interested in buddying up? :)