3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Introductions (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/introductions-8/)
-   -   Need some encouragment along the way--An introduction (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/introductions/221063-need-some-encouragment-along-way-introduction.html)

poetgirl1977 01-03-2011 02:23 AM

Need some encouragment along the way--An introduction

Hello everyone:

I am new here and never thought I would come to this time in my life. I need some friends to help me along the way. I am FAT, plain and simple. It was a very slow process to get to this point. I started my life as a skinny woman and finally ended that journey shortly after I got out of a bad marriage. I still fathom about only weighing 120 lbs at age 18 and complaining about gaining 10 lbs. a year later. Now I'm 33 years old and 248 lbs. What the **** happened! :?:

Well I did something about my weight when I was 210 lbs. This was in 2005. I didn't diet. I just joined an aerobics class at the university that I was attending and because it would go against my GPA to not go, I had to go. I lost 40 lbs. in 4 months and went from a size 18 to a size 10. So there I was skinnier than I have been in so long and you would think I was 110 lbs...because I strutted around with a smile even though I was what society would still call overweight. Sadly, I stopped working out and all that weight plus some came quickly back on.

This will be the first time that I actually diet. Frankly, I chose this because I can't just do this with exercise alone. The thing is I have high cholestrol and high blood pressure. So that won't get better with the kind of foods that I love. I have to make changes. I don't want to die young. I want to see my babies grow up and that is my motivation. I want to be thin again. Like many of you, I hate the process, but I hope to enjoy the results one day.

As for an introduction.... I'm a 33 year old woman. I am a freelance writer and editor, so I work from home. Most people think that I'm lucky because of that, but I think it makes it harder on me because I don't get out and get moving. I stay home typing away and gaining more weight.

I am so excited about meeting all of you and I hope to share some success with you all soon. :hug:

Oh and the one thing that I know I will have trouble giving up is: Coca-Cola. I could drink a twelve pack in one day. Someone smack me if I pick up another coke. :nono:

Sigrid 01-03-2011 03:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by poetgirl1977 (Post 3629840)
...I still fathom about only weighing 120 lbs at age 18 and complaining about gaining 10 lbs. a year later.
I want to be thin again. Like many of you, I hate the process, but I hope to enjoy the results one day.

Yes!

and

Yes!

srmb60 01-03-2011 09:25 AM

Welcome!

Food is sooo important to having a healthy body. Read lots, make yourself at home here on 3FC. We're glad you found us.