A tale of obesity, the love of a partner and weddings!! OMG I'm back again! - 3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-02-2011, 10:46 PM   #1  
Long Journey

S/C/G: 350/350/175

Height: 5'10"

Talking A tale of obesity, the love of a partner and weddings!! OMG I'm back again!

Hello All!! I am back again after a VERY LONG TIME!!! Long story short... I fell off the wagon, continued eating, gained all my weight back. I now weigh 350 lbs. I wear a tight 3X and a 30/32. I literally am all fat and I have never been so very disgusted with myself! My knees hurt so bad that every step is excruciating, my back hurts everyday! I am ALWAYS tired and I feel like CRAP!!!

I am an RN at a very busy and prestigious hospital that "dislikes" overweight employees. We are encouraged to be healthy for our patients so that we look like we are "actively living the healthy life that we preach". I am so exhausted from working. My job is very active! I am the biggest employee on my unit. I hate it.

I am very lucky that I am with the love of my life and she loves me no matter what I weigh. Throughout the course of our relationship, she has gained 80 lbs. I feel very responsible for this because I am the one that cooks for us both and needless to say I have never been a healthy baker. Her and I have plans to get married in the next two years and we want to be able to look good in our dresses. More importantly we want to be healthy and live for a very long time together. We love being active but our weight holds us back from the things that we really want to do.

We started our new way of eating today. I have gained and lost hundreds if not thousands of pounds in my lifetime. I know what works for me and what doesn't. So I know that we are on the right track. My problem is simply that I lack motivation and willpower a lot of the time.

My first goal is that I am going to be a bridesmaid in my friends wedding in May. I have already purchased my dress and its a size 24. I have until May to go from a 30 to a 24. I know that's alot but I feel VERY confidant that I can do it. I am ready.

Well, thats my story. Just wanted to reintroduce myself. I am so very thankful for this site. I need the support!!
lovegoddess1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 10:49 PM   #2  
Zumba Freak :)

S/C/G: 267/ticker/140

Height: 5'5''

You gave me motivation just now with your post! I think you can do it by May! In fact, I think you can go down to a 22 or 20 by May the way you show determination. Great work on your decision and good luck hun!
martha328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 10:53 PM   #3  
Effort = Success

S/C/G: 212/126/120

Height: 5'5"

You can totally fit into that dress by May. ^_^ If your brains in the right spot then it will melt off like butter! Good luck to you and your girl, make each other proud!
Initiative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 11:00 PM   #4  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Hey there, and

It doesn't matter what you did before, it only matters what you're doing now. So for taking that step!

My wife and I still cook together...it's just healthier stuff. So it's doable! And we lost for our wedding, so I can tell you that it is very good motivation.

Anyway, look around and refresh your memory about the forum, then jump in and start posting again. Can't wait to hear more from you soon!
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 11:20 PM   #5  
Long Journey

S/C/G: 350/350/175

Height: 5'10"

Thanks everyone for the kind words!! I am so glad that I came back!!
lovegoddess1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 01:50 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 242/ticker/140

Height: 5'7

Welcome back. You're going to look beautiful in that size 24! Also congrats on your own future wedding plans.
The Last Noel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 01:58 AM   #7  
Running for my life

S/C/G: 240/140

Height: 5'6"

Welcome back lovegoddess!
You can certainly do this.
Congratulations on finding the love of your life and the upcoming wedding. Best wishes to you both.
milmin2043 is offline   Reply With Quote