3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Introductions (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/introductions-8/)
-   -   I want to be a "New Me" (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/introductions/219429-i-want-new-me.html)

tessajetta 12-11-2010 03:55 AM

I want to be a "New Me"

Hi all! I quit smoking in October and you know I did gain weight. I was over weight before and now I am a whopping 100 pounds over weight. I would like to lose some weight.

don't know how to do the ticker thingy yet but I am 5'2" and weigh 226. My mini goal is to weigh 199.....that's under the 200 mark. that would make me happy.

I am going to a free WW meeting today. Lets see how that goes.

BTW, I was on phentermine for 3 months now and NOTHING changed. I have a very huge appetite. I need a lot of food. I've tried all the tricks, you know....drinking a lot of water and filling up on fruit and vegs, BUT I still need a boat load of carbs in order to feel right.

so any advice would be appreciated.

thank you for reading!!!!!

Tessajetta

Rosinante 12-11-2010 07:30 AM

Always glad to see another five twoer!!!

Congratulations on giving up smoking, it sounds like you're really getting to grips with a new you!

It'll probably be a case of trial error, finding a plan that works for you, it certainly was for me. And yes, finding ways to either curb your appetite or learn to live with it. I'm currently eating 45% carbs and losing well. None of the carbs are cakes or cookies or candy; but they are bread and rice and potatoes - carbs don't have to be the enemy! :)

Ruthxxx 12-11-2010 07:58 AM

Hi Tessa and :wel3fc: ! Snoop around and you'll find lots of support and good information on this Forum.

When you've been here 20 days and have made 20 posts, you will be able to add a ticker to your profile so settle in and post a lot. The ticker will be here in what seems like no time. It'll be a good start to 2011.

Onederchic 12-11-2010 04:25 PM

Hi and welcome to 3FC.

Good luck with your goals.

Hugs
Michelle

stacygee 12-12-2010 01:40 PM

Tessa- I am so happy you quit smoking. That is such a good step for your health. If you want a boatload of carbs you are going to have to do a boat load of exercise... is what I would say. My first step in my diet was to eliminate pasta, rice, potatoes, bread and refined sugar. Saved me at least 500 calories a day and I replaced with apples, broccolli and tomatoes!

Oh and if water doesn't work for you maybe try Crystal Light. The strong flavor of it really gives me a sense of fullness and satisfaction. Message me if you want to be pals!

islandchick1 12-12-2010 08:46 PM

HI! :)
:welcome: to 3FC
It sounds like you are a carb addict. How ever you ever thought about trying the Atkins way of life? It's not ALL meat like most people think. It has worked wonderfully for me :). There are several forums here that cater to specific diets and ways of life. Check them out. You will probally find one that's what you're looking for.
Hugs and support on your weight loss journey :flow1:

Judy

starfish 12-15-2010 08:47 AM

Hi Tessa,
Welcome! I agree that carbs don't need to be the enemy. I'm a HUGE cereal fan, and usually it can hurt me because I binge eat on it, but I'm trying to eat it in moderation (it's a sloooow process for me to get back to eating healthy, normal-sized meals). Anyway, Kashi GoLean stuff is deeelish (in my opinion), and there are lots of low-cal breads out there, so you don't have to deprive yourself. Good luck with the journey! Let me know how things go!