Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 11-01-2010, 07:14 AM   #1  
Ame

S/C/G: 260/260/180

Height: 5'9"

Red face Newbie here! Here's my story.

Hey all! I am new on the 3FC scene but not so much since I am often directed here through searches on weight loss and exercise. :P

So a little about me,

I am a 21 year old college student who has been overweight as long as I can remember. I have always been chunky and don't want to try and pass blame or anything, but came from a family that fed fed fed! No food was to be wasted and often I was dished leftovers with the chant of "you're a growing girl" and was scorned if my plate wasn't finished. This is possibly in part to the fact that one of my parents immigrated from Africa and has always taught me to live this way. Needless to say, I have grown into this habit of eating till done not full and never being wasteful. Not to mention, after my parents split I lived in poor conditions eating only what food boxes could provide or cheap fast food meals. I scholarship'ed my way through college (one more year to go!), but only enough to get by, so even now I am eating poorly because well I can't afford fruits, veggies, good foods all the time (expensive!)

I wanted to go into detail a bit in hopes that someone could point me to the correct forum or part of the site to find support in. I have tried (extremely unsuccessfully) to find workout regimens from home and cut back calories. I can go into more detail about the things I have tried. I get really dedicated, then life just takes over and next thing I know I am back into old habits.

I am so ready for change though, but I really don't have support from my family or current roommates.. so here I am looking for help.

Thanks for taking the time to read my story, I hope I can find support in this site and be inspired and motivated by the people here!
Ame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 07:39 AM   #2  

Height: 5ft 3in

Hey Ame!

I know pretty much how you feel!

Being a student and trying to lose weight is really really not easy! Budget, time and workload just some of the reasons that makes it hard!

As for not having support, again I know exactly what you mean!!!!! The only person I talk to about it is my boyfriend and that's only because I was really stressed and upset one day and he happened to come over. Other than that I dont talk to anyone about it!

As for home workouts have you tried youtube? There's some good videos but they do take some finding. If you want I could email some of the videos that I do? Let me know

Good Luck!!!!
X
Aly6690 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 01:05 PM   #3  
Ame

S/C/G: 260/260/180

Height: 5'9"

Thanks for the encouragement Aly

The workouts I have stuck with the longest at this point is the Wii Fit game because it's fun and I like that it challenges me to beat scores and stuff. I got Turbo Jam a while back too but I keep not doing it because of school bogging me down. But yea that'd be great if you know any good workouts on youtube to share

Thanks again!
Ame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 01:12 PM   #4  
Native Texan

S/C/G: 270/231.5/140

Height: 5'2"

Hi! & to 3FC! Ame
Hugs and support on your weight loss journey
There are so many forums here I'm sure you will find the one (s) that are right for you

Judy
islandchick1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 01:37 PM   #5  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Hi and welcome to 3FC.

Good luck with your goals.

Hugs
Michelle
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 06:12 PM   #6  
Defying Gravity

S/C/G: 172/150

Height: 5'0

Welcome to 3FC, we are glad you are here!
Losing It 2010 is offline   Reply With Quote