3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Introductions (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/introductions-8/)
-   -   Time to get started! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/introductions/214444-time-get-started.html)

Poundsgetlost 10-10-2010 04:00 AM

Time to get started!

Hello everybody!

I just came back from vacation yesterday... an all inclusive trip to Greece with great (!) buffet food, ice cream, cakes. I was hesitant to start my diet before, because I thought I would fall of the wagon anyways. So I just planned on not overdoing it while in Greece. I walked a lot and went swimming very often, too.

I weighed 185lbs in 2008 and got down to 120 eating 1500calories a day and exercising at the gym. I started medical school in april and since then regained 15-20pounds that I want to lose again. I can't go to the gym anymore, but I plan on running outside and going to the public pool once to twice a week depending on whether I can afford it and how much time I have. With all the studying and stress that comes with it I found it hard to restrict myself. I do often overeat late at night. It's binge eating, really.
I hope being part of this community will help me sticking to my plan and maintaining my weight loss later!

KayakGal 10-10-2010 11:26 AM

Welcome Poundsgetlost! I totally understand the binge eating. I eat when binge when stressed. I am sure you will find a lot of help and support in the forums.:wel3fc:

Jennifer 3FC 10-10-2010 11:30 AM

Welcome to 3FC! I completely feel your pain with the stress eating. I finally decided that my body can't exist without stress, and that alone has become less stressful. :lol:

Have you tried drinking hot tea at night instead of snacking? That has been the biggest help for me. If you don't like tea, try different kinds. For me, green tea is refreshing (although I prefer the tropical green teas with pineapple in them), and if I'm trying to relax, chamomile tea, or if I'm craving sweets, a dessert tea from Celestial Seasonings. It works every time. :)

Good luck with your weight loss, and welcome to the forum. :welcome3:

Onederchic 10-10-2010 12:47 PM

Hi and welcome to 3FC.

Good luck with your goals.

Hugs
Michelle

whodeygirl30 10-10-2010 01:32 PM

good luck

islandchick1 10-10-2010 03:02 PM

Hi & welcome to 3FC!

DhaniCauldwell 10-10-2010 10:24 PM

Welcome and good luck!

:queen: Dhani :queen:

CourtneyDaisey 10-11-2010 11:51 AM

Welcome to the forum! I am a stress eater too so I understand how you feel. Good luk with your goals!

Poundsgetlost 10-12-2010 07:00 AM

Thank you all for the welcome!
Jennifer, I love tea and it definitely helps the snacking. Unfortunately, I often forget about it or only think of it after I already started the snacking. I'll try to make it a habit.

beni 10-12-2010 08:02 AM

Hi and welcome to the forum :)
I am also still quite a newbie here, but reading through the countless threads did already help a lot.

Losing It 2010 10-12-2010 05:43 PM

Welcome to 3FC, we are glad you are here and know that you will find a lot of support here.