3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Introductions (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/introductions-8/)
-   -   OMG I have so far to go! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/introductions/213076-omg-i-have-so-far-go.html)

Jelbellesmommy 09-22-2010 11:26 PM

OMG I have so far to go!

HI! My name is Jennifer and I just started another journey to being healthy. I could use all the support I can get :). I need to lose 144 pounds...that's a whole frickin person:(. Not really sure how to navigate the site yet but I do have a blog on here called "Jelbellesmommy" Any tips are appreciated.

Missinternational09 09-22-2010 11:33 PM

Welcome! and I have realized that taking it one day at a time is the best bet whether you have 20lbs to lose or 200!! You can do it just stay focused

creative mom of 2 09-22-2010 11:37 PM

Hi Jennifer, my name is Christine and I am new here too (still figuring out the site myself). I have 101 lbs to go. Just want to wish you all the best in your Journey! :)

Onederchic 09-22-2010 11:37 PM

Hi and welcome to 3FC.

Good luck with your goals.

Hugs
Michelle

katy trail 09-22-2010 11:47 PM

first- break it into manageable goals. time table? rewards? competition? do you have an idea of what works for you?
try to come up with a plan, how will you reach your goal? (in steps) what will your schedule look like?
try to plan ahead. back up plans for exercise. back up plans for diet, making your food ahead-storing for the week or freezing.
how does this change your lifestyle? are you used to eating out? prep your own food? there's tons of online recipes that are quick,healthy, for any type of diet.

its the little things...we call these nsv. non scale victories. pushing away the food when you're full or it doesnt taste good, improving in self esteem, fitness, anything.
also, if you can figure out why you are here...that will help alot. alot of us are binge eaters or over eaters or have other problems with food. you may want to look around the chicks in control forum.
ok well, theres so much to add. feel free to post questions. everyone's been helpful and supportive that i've seen. you are not alone! we all struggle and we can do this! sorry if that was too much, didnt mean to overwhelm you.

Vladadog 09-22-2010 11:49 PM

Welcome to 3FC! I started out with 130 pounds to lose and thought it would take me *forever*. But you just take it one day at a time and it adds up quickly. And time goes by fast! Believe me, if I can do it anyone can!

Jelbelle 09-22-2010 11:50 PM

Hi mommy =) welcome to 3FC, I shall attempt to teach you how to navigate, even though you are not a very good listener.

shamrockin32 09-23-2010 12:01 AM

Hi Jennifer, I'm new too! it always seems pretty daunting when you start out on the journey, but if you stay committed, it gets better :) stay positive!

matt_H 09-23-2010 06:39 AM

Welcome to 3fcs!

miamimelting 09-23-2010 06:54 AM

Welcome! I know the feeling. I had 80 lbs to lose and I've made it a little over half way. Each day is one day closer to my goal. The only way to make your goal is to start working towards it. Every day that goes on without is an opportunity missed and another set back on your mission. Get focused and do it! Don't let anything or anyone get in your way. Just keep saying to yourself, "I don't eat that crap anymore. That is NOT who I AM!." Exactly what you do when you are presented with a vegetable that you don't like...brussel sprouts for me. Noone can get me to eat a brussel sprout. My mind right now is in the mode that I will never be the person that puts fat into my blood stream. That is not me. Wrap your head around the person you want to be and be that person! There is no such thing as good luck...go out there and make your luck happen.

creative mom of 2 09-23-2010 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by miamimelting (Post 3491997)
Welcome! I know the feeling. I had 80 lbs to lose and I've made it a little over half way. Each day is one day closer to my goal. The only way to make your goal is to start working towards it. Every day that goes on without is an opportunity missed and another set back on your mission. Get focused and do it! Don't let anything or anyone get in your way. Just keep saying to yourself, "I don't eat that crap anymore. That is NOT who I AM!." Exactly what you do when you are presented with a vegetable that you don't like...brussel sprouts for me. Noone can get me to eat a brussel sprout. My mind right now is in the mode that I will never be the person that puts fat into my blood stream. That is not me. Wrap your head around the person you want to be and be that person! There is no such thing as good luck...go out there and make your luck happen.

Wow, I couldn`t have said that better my self! I`ve been telling myself that for just over a month now and it really does work!! Staying positive makes all the difference.

Jelbellesmommy 09-23-2010 10:57 AM

Wow!!

Those are huge loss numbers guys!! Congrats and thank you for taking the time to leave a message...I feel stronger already:carrot:

Matt: wow 6 pounds to go thats amazing!!

Katy: write as much as you want I WILL READ IT! Im doing WW...started many times and have had sucess..I just kept letting life get in the way! I didn't have the support I needed....maybe now I do here...

Miamimelting, Vladadog, Onderchic, & Missinternational09: keep up the great work!

Shamrock32 & Creative mom: I hope we all have sucess stories to pass on too in the near future!

Thanks again!! stop by my blog to see my progress...Jelbellesmommy!!!

katy trail 09-23-2010 11:24 AM

it depends on the person. some of us have to focus mostly on diet with limited activity bc of time or other reasons.
for me, it starts w/exercise and mentally in the right place. i was already always prep. my own food and i like most healthy food. BUT my portions were out of control. and i wanted to eat all the time.
so with consistent exercise where i pushed myself and enjoyed, then at my next meal i dont want to undo my w/o. also, theres a focus on eating foods to give you energy.
i'll over eat anything. but that makes me sooo lazy. i share a blood supply with the couch. and i'm a witchy terrible mom when i'm like that.

ww is great to help you learn the eat for fuel and in color as much as you can.

ANY increase in movement/activity compared to your usual activities. dont let excuses get in the way! you dont need equip. a gym or alot of money. you can march in place, dance, march on your stairs, jump rope (imaginary) in place. anything you enjoy so you will look forward to it, and feel proud afterwards.
try to document as much as you can. then when it works, or doesnt, you can find out why. i listened to the IOWL inside out weightloss podcast last month. its free. really helped change my thinking. its not all or nothing. its balance. try to improve a little bit each day. just 1 thing even if theres 15 mistakes. it really is 1 min, 1 hr, 1 day at a time sometimes.

when you're having a hard time, talk to someone, write about it, whatever works. you'll feel better, and your friends can support you. dont hide in a shell. when you feel great, talk about that too. keep up with friends progress and motivate each other. it is the best feeling to know you've helped someone!

islandchick1 09-23-2010 01:25 PM

:welcome: to 3FC! Jennifer
You have found the best place to give you AWESOME advoce, support, and encouragement :yes: We're so glad you found us.
Small goals will help you stay motivated and will really make you feel like you are making progress.
Hugs and Support on your weight loss journey.
-Judy

xty 09-23-2010 01:45 PM

welcome, i am a newbie too :)

as everyone so wisely said, dont focus too much on the road ahead. set lots of short term goals and celebrate each and every victory.

if you generally feel like you are on the right path, occasional missteps are easier to forgive yourself for :)