3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Introductions (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/introductions-8/)
-   -   Newwww. (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/introductions/213045-newwww.html)

shamrockin32 09-22-2010 03:11 PM

Newwww.

Hello everyone, I'm Ashleigh and I'm another newbie. I'm 21 and when I was a senior in high school (in 2007) I weighed 190, and in the past 3 years I've gained over 50lbs due to college and stress. (the proverbial freshman 15 zillion.)

I've struggled with getting healthy and dieting, but I've realized it's a life style change. and I'm really determined this time around. I live with my mom at the moment and she's not exactly supportive. I hear a lot of "you can't..." and "you'll never..." from her which is difficult in maintaining the decision to get healthy.

I realized I need a support system and I'm not going to get it at home, I thought maybe this would be helpful. I weigh 253 now and my first goal is to be below 200. I know it won't happen over night.. but I want to get back to a familiar place, first and foremost. :)

Onederchic 09-22-2010 03:28 PM

Hi and welcome to 3FC.

Good luck with your goals.

Hugs
Michelle

b e t h 09-22-2010 05:51 PM

You'll hear a lot of "you can" and "you will" here instead. Just look at all the people who have reached or nearly reached their goals to get inspiration. If you have the determination to work for it, you'll get there.

Good luck to you.

shamrockin32 09-22-2010 05:54 PM

thanks :) I appreciate it. I have, indeed, been looking around at stories and pictures, it's quite inspiring!

lazylioness 09-22-2010 06:10 PM

Hello. I am new too.
I can completely sympathize with your home situation. I am 37 now but growing up I had a lot of issues with my mother. She was always "trying" to be encouraging but always fell short of the mark. The best example I can think of was waking up on my 13th birthday to a poster on the wall opposite of the bed. It was Garfield and it said "I am not overweight, I am undertall"

And just to add insult to injury, she was looking at old pictures from back in that time a few years ago and said "Gee, I always thought you were overweight, but looking back you really were not". Gee thanks mom!

So anyway. Good luck! I am sure that your experience will be full of wonderful support!

ajs29255 09-22-2010 07:58 PM

Hey ashleigh. welcome to 3fc. I am new here too. is this the third time that i am trying to lose weight. I guess this is the baby weight now, althought the baby is now 5. I am currently around the same weight and need to lose about the same amount. you will find tons of support here plus awesome stories of people reaching their goals. good luck.

mylifestory852 09-22-2010 08:29 PM

hey ashleigh i am new here too i have ben few days :)

shamrockin32 09-22-2010 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lazylioness (Post 3491448)
Hello. I am new too.
I can completely sympathize with your home situation. I am 37 now but growing up I had a lot of issues with my mother. She was always "trying" to be encouraging but always fell short of the mark. The best example I can think of was waking up on my 13th birthday to a poster on the wall opposite of the bed. It was Garfield and it said "I am not overweight, I am undertall"

And just to add insult to injury, she was looking at old pictures from back in that time a few years ago and said "Gee, I always thought you were overweight, but looking back you really were not". Gee thanks mom!

So anyway. Good luck! I am sure that your experience will be full of wonderful support!

thats awful :( looks like we drew the short straws with moms.

shamrockin32 09-22-2010 08:55 PM

thanks for all the support, already :) Goal setting time. Good luck to you all as well : D

islandchick1 09-22-2010 10:21 PM

:welcome: to 3FC Ashleigh & Ladies !
This is the best place for AWESOME advice, support and encouragement :cheer2:
We're so glad you all have found us :yes:
Hugs and support on your weight loss journey :flow1:

shamrockin32 09-23-2010 12:03 AM

I love your use of color, islandchick! it makes me smile

islandchick1 09-23-2010 01:42 PM