Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 08-11-2010, 09:45 AM   #16  

Hello and welcome to 3FC. Good luck to you in your journey and in reaching all your goals.
Magnolia Rayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 10:11 AM   #17  

Height: 5'7

Hey Louie!
Welcome to the site. I'm sure you will find all the inspiration you need and more so to help you reach your goals I wish you the best of luck. You can do it!
Nile1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 11:57 AM   #18  
life is good!

S/C/G: See ticker

Height: 5'8

men are welcome here! Hello and good luck
ktexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 04:48 PM   #19  

S/C/G: See Ticker

Height: 5'10"

<--- Guy here too. I lurk for the most part. It's nice seeing others' encouragement nonetheless.
ServerNotFound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 04:55 PM   #20  
XOXO

S/C/G: 268/249/145

Height: 5'4"

Welcome aboard! Glad to have ya!!
Devsmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 05:17 PM   #21  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

LOUIE & Spencer & all the other Newbies on this thread ~ Here's a psyche tip for you all ... "As a man thinks ... so is he!" (that goes for the ladies too) I use positive verse and quotes, etc to transform my thoughts and image of myself and it really helps. I envision myself as how I would like to be; at my goal or my best; my dream or ideal. This trick helps me to focus on a positive part of myself.

And honestly, other people are not thinking about us as much as we think (they are too busy thinking about their own lives & issues); and sometimes, they actually think good thoughts (I know I do). For those very few that don't -- who cares; they don't matter! They don't know you or your life, so they have no right to judge.

I use to feel the same as you, but now when I go out -- I pretend that I am the most beautiful person in the world! After a little practice, you will forget your old image; as it will be replaced with a new one, as you are making your changes ...

You can become what you dream ... good luck with your journey!

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 08-11-2010 at 05:27 PM.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 12:57 AM   #22  

Hi folks,

Bill and Ignite, no specific diet plan. I'm kind of going for a modified raw diet as it helps my diabetes (mys kin starts clearing up right away). As for exercise, I started walking and will start up martial arts training again next week. Bill, I saw the mention of "beck" next to your name. I looked into this, it seems like a great program. I'm going to give it a try.

Justwant2behealthy, I agree, we focus on our selves too much. I'm going to follow some of your advice.

Today was another good day for me. One thing I'm doing differently than all of the other times I've tried to change is that I've thrown out my scale. I used to weigh myself everyday and if two days went by with no weight loss, i would feel depressed and helpless. This usually ended up with me binging. Now, with no scale, I just focus on eating right. It feels good.

I will continue to fight! Now i'm going to work on being happy!!
noodles009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 03:43 AM   #23  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodles009 View Post
Bill, I saw the mention of "beck" next to your name. I looked into this, it seems like a great program. I'm going to give it a try.
Neat - come check out the posts over on the Beck Forum. There's a link in my signature.
BillBlueEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 01:24 PM   #24  

Quote:
Originally Posted by from thick to thin View Post
Hi!! You've made the great choice in deciding to get healthy!! Welcome to the site!! I'm new myself. Good luck with your goals!! We're here to encourage and motivate each other!! You can do it dude!!
Hi there, I too am new to the site, I am looking for a weight loss buddy...! Its gonna be a struggle, I have to force myself to eat, and I hate exercising, but I hate the way I look so I guess it all boils down to which one do I hate more...LOL
KaramelKutie09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 02:56 PM   #25  
Exercise-addicted

S/C/G: 248

Height: 5'8

Welcome to the forum noodles! I hope you enjoy it here and I know you will achieve your goals!
serenityh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 03:07 PM   #26  

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodles009 View Post
And something you said JC, it seems weird to me that many of us have a sort of strange self centeredness. We think people are focusing on us all of the time.
Yeah I've noticed that too, like we think we are the center of everyone's attention, while hoping that nobody is looking at us. It's funny in a strange way that we can be negatively narcissistic. Usually you think of narcissism as people that think they are all that.
JCSpencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 04:16 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Welcome and good luck ! There are are a number of men here and they are very succesful, too !
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote