Hoping to get on the wagon...

• Hello all, I am new to this site and also to forums. I am not good at the computer thing either and I tried posting this morning when I first registered and could not find it afterwards so I'm assuming I did it wrong. It will all be trial and error. So, I am a mom of five and very happily married. I have about 50 lbs to lose. I've heard that with every child you have you gain an extra 10 lbs as a buffer, and nope, Ihaven't lost any of it.
    Actually I have lost but gained it all back. The most I have lost is 20 lbs doing WW at home on my own. I then learned of some health problems through routine bloodwork and just seemed to forget about the diet thing and VOILA...its all back plus 5 more. I've seen some very inspiring stories here and am hoping the support will help me get on track again:
  • Welcome
    We are glad you are here and hope you gain a lot of support here on the forum

Quote: Hello all, I am new to this site and also to forums. I am not good at the computer thing either and I tried posting this morning when I first registered and could not find it afterwards so I'm assuming I did it wrong. It will all be trial and error. So, I am a mom of five and very happily married. I have about 50 lbs to lose. I've heard that with every child you have you gain an extra 10 lbs as a buffer, and nope, Ihaven't lost any of it.
    Actually I have lost but gained it all back. The most I have lost is 20 lbs doing WW at home on my own. I then learned of some health problems through routine bloodwork and just seemed to forget about the diet thing and VOILA...its all back plus 5 more. I've seen some very inspiring stories here and am hoping the support will help me get on track again:
  • This is a very welcoming place! (So, welcome!)

Have you planned how you're going to do it? The best advice I could give is: plan, plan, plan. There are lots of different Ways Of Eating but it takes a lot of concentration.
    I'm a low GI calorie counter, by the way.
  • Thanks for the welcome. I'm just watching it so far...until I can dig out the WW books and points calculator again. I did groceries today and bought some great choices for snacks. Out with the junk. What exactly is a low GI counter?Glycemic index? But what foods are they?
  • Hi and welcome to 3FC.

Good luck with your goals.

Hugs
    Michelle
  • Welcome. Since Chicks can be overwhelming at first, I suggest you look for a support group or challenge to join; a small group of friends to help keep you motivated. Find one you like that fits your needs, or inspires you, and just post to join.

If you are thinking of doing WW again you might check out the WW forum first.
  • Welcome and good luck!

Dhani