3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Introductions (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/introductions-8/)
-   -   New to this and looking for additional support :) (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/introductions/207156-new-looking-additional-support.html)

mzitalian25 07-14-2010 11:16 AM

New to this and looking for additional support :)

Hey I am new to this so bear with me :) I am 26, engaged with no kids and live in Florida. We are getting married October 22, 2011 and are SOOO excited :) I am overweight and I dont think overweight is the right word... I have great self esteem usually and my fiancee is a awesome support in whatever I choose to do. I NEED to lose weight!! For my health most of all.What better time to buckle down and not jump off the bandwagon right before I get married...I figure between now and Christmas I will lose a decent amount of weight but will post no more pictures on Facebook so that when it comes wedding time everyone can see the new me :) I need support from other woman who experience the same things PLEASE!!!! If you have facebook, send me you email, info or whatever and we can be friends and help eachother....Thank you for listening and if you have any ideas, tips or recipes that help please send them to me!!! God Bless oh yea and my name is Tiffany lol

Ciao 07-14-2010 11:29 AM

Good luck on your weight
loss and congratulations to you
and your fiancé! :D

Losing It 2010 07-14-2010 11:34 AM

Welcome

We are glad you are here and encourage you to keep posting, you will find much support here

Quote:

Originally Posted by mzitalian25 (Post 3386354)
Hey I am new to this so bear with me :) I am 26, engaged with no kids and live in Florida. We are getting married October 22, 2011 and are SOOO excited :) I am overweight and I dont think overweight is the right word... I have great self esteem usually and my fiancee is a awesome support in whatever I choose to do. I NEED to lose weight!! For my health most of all.What better time to buckle down and not jump off the bandwagon right before I get married...I figure between now and Christmas I will lose a decent amount of weight but will post no more pictures on Facebook so that when it comes wedding time everyone can see the new me :) I need support from other woman who experience the same things PLEASE!!!! If you have facebook, send me you email, info or whatever and we can be friends and help eachother....Thank you for listening and if you have any ideas, tips or recipes that help please send them to me!!! God Bless oh yea and my name is Tiffany lol

patchworkpenguin 07-14-2010 11:55 AM

Welcome. Since Chicks can be overwhelming at first, I suggest you look for a support group or challenge to join; a small group of friends to help keep you motivated. Find one you like that fits your needs, or inspires you, and just post to join.

Onederchic 07-14-2010 11:59 AM

Hi and welcome to 3FC.

Good luck with your goals.

Hugs
Michelle

DhaniCauldwell 07-14-2010 01:12 PM

Welcome!

:queen: Dhani :queen:

mzitalian25 07-17-2010 09:30 PM

Thank you ladies! I wish you all the best of luck too. Is anyone in florida in the tampa area on here? Today was my second day on Weight Watchers and I feel great! My cousin lost a great amount of weight on it so I am going to as well. I am not attending meetings however doing everything else to the follow the program, I work a crazy work schedule so I feel if I kept putting it off because of that i would never start so I took it on myself! So any great weight loss stories to read or any challenges some of you face?

My goal is to lose 10 pounds a month and a total of 150 pounds. I am 5'6 and currently weighed in yesterday at 313 pounds :( I really dont look it, but I feel it and have the greatess self esteem but know its now or never to get right health wise!

I am interested in meeting new friend to be able to talk to and share together as we change our lifestyle, thanks again I am a little north of tampa

smj1987 07-18-2010 12:04 PM

Welcome! You'll find all the support you need here! Congrats on your upcoming marriage! :)

SusietheQ 07-18-2010 03:22 PM

Congrats on your steps towards a healthier life and your engagement. You will find soooo much support on this site!

::sigh:: I love Florida! I got married there June '09

Shortymac 07-18-2010 07:29 PM

Congrats on your engagement! Good luck on ww too! I'm engaged but haven't set a firm date yet!

mzitalian25 07-22-2010 01:35 PM

We went back and fourth with dates but finally chose one based off this: My birthday is March (3) his is July (7) equals 10 so October, then 22 because my family (1) his family (1) equals 2 then me (1) and him (1) equals 2 so 22, then we started dated in 2009, got engaged in 2010 and will marry in 2011...

i know cheesy right? lol but it means something more than just a date and we actually took the time to think about it haha

smj1987 07-24-2010 12:16 PM

I think that's a really cool way of picking a date to get married! :) I love it!

AmandaW 07-24-2010 12:20 PM

Welcome, fellow Florida girl :) I'm new here also, but have really enjoyed reading so far. If you want to message me your e-mail, I'd love to be support buddies. I got married almost 3 years ago and my biggest regret was not losing more before the wedding.. I'm a little vain sometimes, haha. I think the biggest help for me now is wanting the loss more for my health and long term reasons that vanity.

mzitalian25 07-29-2010 10:37 AM

Yes we thought it was a cool idea and it just popped in to my head one night (god is good)! And its feel perfect too because then we will leave on our honeymoon the 23rd which we celebrate the 23rd of every month for our anniversary! true love is truley that LOVE :D

It is nice to see someone else from Florida! I agree with you that it is more health and the furture more than anything. I have been so depressed that I have letten myself gain so much weight over the last 5 years :( But I am on the right track and my 2nd weigh in is tomorrow!!! whoooo hoooo

jensmith72 07-29-2010 10:51 AM

Hi and WELCOME!! GOOD LUCK with your journey you are in a great place!! Try joining a challenge or support group and set mini goals for yourself so it doesnt seem so overwhelming then create a small reward for yourself for each one you reach. Something to look forward too!! One day at a time WE can do this!
Have a great day!