3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Introductions (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/introductions-8/)
-   -   Hello! My name is Valerie! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/introductions/207037-hello-my-name-valerie.html)

blithebell 07-13-2010 06:51 AM

Hello! My name is Valerie!

Hello everyone,

I'm Val, I'm 20 years old and am finally getting ready to start losing weight. Ever since I was little I was always overweight. Maybe by 10 pounds or so, but through the years in high it became 20 pounds, then 50, then 80, and now I feel like I'm 130 pounds over weight. Right now, I *think* (haven't weighed myself in forever but I'm going to buy a scale this week) at around 299, give or take. I feel completely gross. Over the years I struggled with a bunch of family problems, and school, and never really paid attention to losing weight.

I just turned 20 a couple of months ago, and seeing me like this is just simply awful. I want to lose atleast 100 pounds before May 2011. I'm not sure if this is possible, but I really, really want to try.

I've been signed up at the gym for three months, but only this month have I started going. Last week I went three days out of the week, for about an hour and a half. I do about 40 minutes cardio (treadmill, stationary bike) and the rest I go weight lifting focusing on my arms and legs.

I also changed my eating habbits. I eat egg white with potatoes for break fast and whole wheast toast, string cheese for snacks, water water water, and chicken breast and veggies for dinner. I was doing good for 2 weeks and I start noticing some parts on my body where I would pinch and there'd be alot of fat, those parts were getting smaller.

But then I got sick, and for this whole week I just ate horribly, and haven't been to the gym cause I didn't want anyone staring at me while I'm coughing up on the treadmill.

Tomorrow is a new day, and seeing as I'm over my cold (mostly) I'm going to go back to the gym and start eating right again.

Some motivation, tips would be good! I'll do a thread where I will track my progress. Do you guys think 100 pounds before May 2011 is achievable?!

Thanks you guys. I'm very excited to have someone reading about something that is very personal to me!

-V

Losing It 2010 07-13-2010 07:32 AM

Welcome

Welcome Val, yes tomorrow is always a new day which means there is always hope, keep your chin up and keep reaching out for help and support

Quote:

Originally Posted by blithebell (Post 3384114)
Hello everyone,

I'm Val, I'm 20 years old and am finally getting ready to start losing weight. Ever since I was little I was always overweight. Maybe by 10 pounds or so, but through the years in high it became 20 pounds, then 50, then 80, and now I feel like I'm 130 pounds over weight. Right now, I *think* (haven't weighed myself in forever but I'm going to buy a scale this week) at around 299, give or take. I feel completely gross. Over the years I struggled with a bunch of family problems, and school, and never really paid attention to losing weight.

I just turned 20 a couple of months ago, and seeing me like this is just simply awful. I want to lose atleast 100 pounds before May 2011. I'm not sure if this is possible, but I really, really want to try.

I've been signed up at the gym for three months, but only this month have I started going. Last week I went three days out of the week, for about an hour and a half. I do about 40 minutes cardio (treadmill, stationary bike) and the rest I go weight lifting focusing on my arms and legs.

I also changed my eating habbits. I eat egg white with potatoes for break fast and whole wheast toast, string cheese for snacks, water water water, and chicken breast and veggies for dinner. I was doing good for 2 weeks and I start noticing some parts on my body where I would pinch and there'd be alot of fat, those parts were getting smaller.

But then I got sick, and for this whole week I just ate horribly, and haven't been to the gym cause I didn't want anyone staring at me while I'm coughing up on the treadmill.

Tomorrow is a new day, and seeing as I'm over my cold (mostly) I'm going to go back to the gym and start eating right again.

Some motivation, tips would be good! I'll do a thread where I will track my progress. Do you guys think 100 pounds before May 2011 is achievable?!

Thanks you guys. I'm very excited to have someone reading about something that is very personal to me!

-V

skygirl 07-13-2010 10:44 AM

welcome! it sounds like you have already started formulating ideas for a plan and making some progress, which is great! getting sick can be a tough one, especially early on in your plan, so hang in there! and good luck! :)

Onederchic 07-13-2010 12:50 PM

Hi and welcome to 3FC.

Good luck with your goals.

Hugs
Michelle

kschatterbox 07-13-2010 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blithebell (Post 3384114)
Hello everyone,

-V

I think its great what you are doing. If you are going to lose those 100 pounds just do it carefully and not to starve oneself. I think cutting back on what you do eat is a great way to start off :)

You can do this!!!