21 and my large is in charge, but not for long!

• Hello everyone! I'm Amanda, 21, will be graduating from UGA in December, 5'5 and 195 lbs!! I have gained 50 pounds since starting college and I am now determined to lose as much oif it as possible before I graduate. I want to lose some from my belly, THIGHS, and my arms could shed a few too. I've started working out, and eating better. I eat more often and eat good things like egg whites or a slim fast shake for breakfast, salads for lunch, and chicken or fish dinner, with some snacks of granola bars, fruits (bananas or grapes or apples), or veggies (baby carrots). For my workout, I do 30-45 minutes of cardio either on the eliptical, stationary bike, or recently, the stair climber (which kicks my butt!) or some combination of the 3, and then do some upper or lower body machines.

I haven't lost much yet, but I just really started last week, and then ate like a over the holiday weekend, so I may have lost a pound but then gained 2... I know, I know, I just couldn't resist. But I have made a vow not to overdo it like that anymore!

But that's me. If you have any suggestions, comments, advice, cretiques, I'm up for it. I just want to loose this weight!!
  • Hey Amanda! Welcome I'm Chany, I'm 21, 5'7 and 194, so I'm right there with ya! I'm also new to the site. Your diet sounds good! Mines very similar. Keep up the good work girl!
  • Hey Girl! I'm just about to turn 20, and go to U of I. I totally understand how you're feeling! I've gained 60 pounds since entering college. While I've gotten ALOT better about watching what I eat and working out, there is one thing that keeps holding me back... Drinking. MAN!!! I'm having such a hard time balancing my weightloss while going out to the bars up at school!!
  • Hi Amanda and welcome to 3FC.

My biggest tip is to find a plan that fits you and your lifestyle then work it 150%.

Good luck with your goals.

Hugs
    Michelle
  • welcome! sounds like you are already well on your way. way to go and good luck!
  • Thanks for all the comments girls! I am really hoping I start seeing some results, and I'm sure I will as long as I keep with it! muelle, I do agree, drinking is a downfall, but I have realized that if you drink lite beers (which I normally do anyway) it helps, and red wine is better for you than whites, and mixed drinks are usually bad news because there are a ton of extra calories. Hope that helps some and good luck to all of you too!!
  • Welcome
    Hey Amanda, welcome to the forums. College is hard on the weight, I gained so much during college but kudos for you for attending and completing. I won't hold it against you that you are a DAWG fan...hehehe GO VOLS!!! take care and keep us updated on your progress

Quote: Hello everyone! I'm Amanda, 21, will be graduating from UGA in December, 5'5 and 195 lbs!! I have gained 50 pounds since starting college and I am now determined to lose as much oif it as possible before I graduate. I want to lose some from my belly, THIGHS, and my arms could shed a few too. I've started working out, and eating better. I eat more often and eat good things like egg whites or a slim fast shake for breakfast, salads for lunch, and chicken or fish dinner, with some snacks of granola bars, fruits (bananas or grapes or apples), or veggies (baby carrots). For my workout, I do 30-45 minutes of cardio either on the eliptical, stationary bike, or recently, the stair climber (which kicks my butt!) or some combination of the 3, and then do some upper or lower body machines.

I haven't lost much yet, but I just really started last week, and then ate like a over the holiday weekend, so I may have lost a pound but then gained 2... I know, I know, I just couldn't resist. But I have made a vow not to overdo it like that anymore!

But that's me. If you have any suggestions, comments, advice, cretiques, I'm up for it. I just want to loose this weight!!
  • Welcome!

Dhani