New and Needing Motivation!

• Hi everybody -

I'm new, though I do remember signing up for the forums a few years ago when I was on yet another one of my temporary fad diets. I am very hopeful that this time will be different. So - Hello! Nice to meet all of you.

As I am typing this, however, I'm feeling a little frustrated -- I have been steadily dieting/exercising for two weeks, but I just started my "time of the month" (Sorry if that's TMI!) and all I want in the whole world is salty chinese food and some cupcakes. Or fried chicken and cookies. Or McDonald's and a flurry... See? Cravings!

While my boyfriend is slaving away in our extremely hot kitchen making me a delicious and healthy dinner, I am here, fantasizing about fast food and take out and baked goods.

On top of that, I was very fatigued all day and didn't end up doing my exercises. Just all around not the most positive diet day.

No. This is NOT a diet -- this is a lifestyle change.
    I have to just keep thinking about it that way.

Anyway. I'm glad to be here. At least I'm just writing about snackfood and not chowing down on it.

My goal is to get back into my healthy weight range by my friend's wedding in October, and I have to lose just over 2lbs per week to do it.
    Wish me luck! I need all the help i can get.

*J
  • Hi! I'm new too...and fighting cravings is my biggest problem. I have a high stress job and when I get stressed, I eat! I try to drink water all day...but these cravings won't go away.
    I'm thinking of starting the belly fat diet. read some good things about it.
  • Hi and welcome to 3FC.

For some great inspiration, try checking out the Success Stories section

Good luck with your goals.

Hugs
    Michelle
  • Thanks for the welcome!
  • Quote: Hi! I'm new too...and fighting cravings is my biggest problem. I have a high stress job and when I get stressed, I eat! I try to drink water all day...but these cravings won't go away.
    I'm thinking of starting the belly fat diet. read some good things about it.

I just joined last month so I'm a newbie also.

Hi Lilstarrs, welcome. That's not too much info. When you start to post on the forums you will find that most will say when their TOM starts since it does affect our weight.

Hi jj105, welcome. Are you talking about the Flat Belly Diet? I picked up the book from the library and the cookbook. I have only skimmed through both. Have you done that diet before? Did it work for you? I started this journey on 6/1 joined a 4th of July challenge on here to help reach my first mini goal of 184 and have done quite well. I have used a little bit of every meal plan to help me succeed. It seems to be working so far.

Well best of luck to you and all of us in our journeys.
  • Welcome!

Dhani