Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 06-10-2010, 06:14 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 322/318/154

Height: 5'10

Default Oh no! The partying has caught up with me!

I'm a 21 year old Australian.

I've had problems with my weight for years now, I was an overweight child and am now an overweight adult. The obsticle of weight has always seemed impossible, but I've come to the realisation that I must do something about it.

I'm currently 124kg - my heaviest was 135kg at 18 years old. A small achievement, but I have noticed the kilos are creeping up again.

I've just finished my second day of calorie counting - keeping under 1200kcal. Numbers soothe me.

I'm going to start Charlean Extreme next week, for the exercise.

I party hard - every weekend - with copious amounts of alcohol. I have to change my tune and drink less, as that's a large factor in my problem. More dancing while I'm out won't be a bad thing however.

I am heavily involved in my local hardcore punk community, where the emphasis is on DIY. It's time for me to look at my own life and decide that I have to fix this now, because it's all down to me.
foreverfnm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 03:07 PM   #2  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Hi and welcome to 3FC.

Good luck with your goals.

Hugs
Michelle
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 03:17 PM   #3  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

Welcome. Since Chicks can be overwhelming at first, I suggest you look for a support group or challenge to join; a small group of friends to help keep you motivated. Find one you like that fits your needs, or inspires you, and just post to join.
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 03:22 PM   #4  
Caroline

S/C/G: 173/ticker/123

Height: 5' 5"

I go out dancing as much as 2 or 3 times a week. When I get to the party, I buy one drink and spend the rest of the time on the dance floor. It will probably be hard to get used to the idea that you can have fun without getting drunk, but believe me it's possible.

Hopefully, some of the straight edge punks can help you with that. I like that you are incorporating the DIY philosophy into your program.

On 3FC, there is a forum called Alternachicks. You might want to check it out and meet other people into the punk scene.

You can do it.

motivated chickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 04:12 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 159.6/143.8/125

Height: 5'7"

It really is possible to have a good time out without drinking... I usually just act like a drunk person anyway! lol it gives you an excuse to be silly because usually no one else will notice how much you are not drinking. But that is one thing to try to cut back - alcohol is almost as calorie dense as fat, and it makes you want to eat greasy salty food, too (at least, it does with me!)
Dreamergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 04:24 PM   #6  
All Hail The Queen

S/C/G: 186.2/166.8/140

Height: 5'8"

Welcome and good luck!

Dhani
DhaniCauldwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 06:57 PM   #7  

Thankyou to everyone for their support! Such a lovely forum to join!

motivated chickie - Thankyou heaps for your advice! That's such a good idea to have the single drink and then head to the dance floor! I might have to give that a shot. I'm lucky, Adelaide has a huge straight edge scene - about half of the punk scene. My bestie is edge, and I'm sure he'll be able to help me out, when I hang with him it seems wrong to go to the bar, but I usually do it anyway.

Dreamer Girl - I might just put the drunk hat on too! That's such a good idea. Thanks!

Last edited by foreverfnm; 06-10-2010 at 06:58 PM.
Old 06-10-2010, 08:17 PM   #8  
It's about time

S/C/G: 300/ticker/175

Height: 5'5"

Welcome! I know how hard alcohol can be. I don't party as much, but on the weekends it's incredibly annoying to have to either blow my diet or waste my calories on drinks (I'm 22, and when I say have to I mean it )

I like your tattoo, btw. Is it a reference to the movie or song (or book?)?
ParadiseFalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 10:00 PM   #9  

Being young sucks in that regard! But I love hanging with mates just that little bit too much.

The tattoo is my baby - it's in reference to an album by a now defunct band called Have Heart - the album is so positive and life affirming without being unrealistic - I decided I needed it inked into my skin.