Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 06-01-2010, 05:56 AM   #1  
Skittles

S/C/G: 299/286.8/160

Height: 5'5"

Post O Hai!

Hello all~! I can't quite remember exactly how I found this wonderful site, but I sure am glad I did. It's been part of my motivation already~!

I have been overweight or obese for 21 years now. It was never really a major issue to me, for some reason. I was, for the most part, happy with who I was, how I felt, and how I looked. That is, until recently. I've been having more and more problems with my health because of my lifestyle. I'm prematurely old, I believe. And, I don't want it to continue. I want to live and build a happy life with my boyfriend!

Now...lately, I have been all about planning these things. I plan, plan, plan, and somewhere in the process, seem to lose motivation. There are always these scary little thoughts in my head that I know I shouldn't be having. What if I lose this weight and don't like the way I look? I've never been the "correct" weight, so who knows what I'll look like? What if, because I've been obese for so long, my skin gets all flabby and I can't fix it? What will my breasts look like? Since they're relatively small now in comparison to my body now....what will I be? Like, an A cup!?

Yeah...anyway....hopefully, that is where this site will come in handy. I've read a few stories and posts and seen how supportive everyone here seems to be. So, I think I'll be ok. ^ ^
oliconnelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 07:33 AM   #2  
Shifty Werewolf

S/C/G: 285/209/165

Welcome to 3FC!

If you like planning then I recommend you give calorie counting a try. There's always planning in every day with that method. I start my day by bringing up myplate while I suck down my first coffee (mostly decaf but I love the taste and the whole brewing coffee routine). I plan what I'm going to eat for the day including expected snacks. I can always change it later if I don't eat as planned but it gives me a good idea of what I can eat for the day. Probably all weight loss methods involve planning but I find CC works for me really well.

Losing weight is pretty easy when you start out with 100 to go so that'll help keep you motivated. At least it has for me. Yeah, you may have some extra skin when you're all done and the girls might not be as big or perky as they are now. It's not great to think about but really, wouldn't you rather those issues than feeling prematurely old. Exercise will help with the flabby skin and there are lots of really pretty bras to help the girls. And surgery is always an option once you've reached your goal weight. Don't let worries about what might be less than perfect keep you from this journey - things aren't perfect now either, are they?

Good Luck!
Vladadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 09:47 AM   #3  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

Welcome, Since Chicks can be overwhelming at first, I suggest you look for a support group or challenge to join; a small group of friends to help keep you motivated, find one you like that fits your needs, and just post to join.

I agree with Vlada, the health benefits to your weightloss will far outweigh your concerns about your body. Don't let these worries derail you and keep you from reaching your goals. You might think of a positive phrase to repeat to yourself when you start having these thought to remind yourself of all the benefits of your new healthy lifestyle.
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 10:09 AM   #4  

Hey! I'm also new

Everything you've mentioned, I've also thought about it. But you know something? I'd rather have smaller breasts than to be overweight. I use a size D right now, and I weigh about 280lbs. I set a big goal to lose over 100lbs, so I know I'll shrink in bra size and most likely have little imperfections (like loose skin), but that is something that can be fixed Even then, I think our main concern would only be to reach our goal!
jessikaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 12:05 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 205/201/135

Welcome...I'm also new to the site. I have health issues too so that's why I'm on this journey. I have a few concerns about what losing weight will mean and what changes there will be. And I've also asked myself "What if I lose the weight and don't like how I look?" What I answered is "But what if you do?" Only one way to find out....Good Luck with your Goals!!! You can do this!!!!!

Sparklingmimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 12:56 PM   #6  
Skittles

Thanks, you all. ^ ^
Old 06-01-2010, 03:00 PM   #7  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Hi and welcome to 3FC.

Here is a great FAQ on weight loss and skin issues here - http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/body...skin-faqs.html

Good luck with your goals.

Hugs
Michelle
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 12:31 AM   #8  
Skittles

Thanks a lot, Michelle. :3
Old 06-02-2010, 01:18 AM   #9  
bex

S/C/G: 260.5/207/150

Welcome darlin!
This site is great. So motivating and supportive!
Looking forward to hearing your success stories! x
bex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 01:43 AM   #10  
Skittles

Thank you, Bex.
Old 06-02-2010, 02:19 AM   #11  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"