3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Introductions (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/introductions-8/)
-   -   Back again! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/introductions/203326-back-again.html)

tkglenn 05-31-2010 09:02 PM

Back again!

I have been here about 2-3 years ago and lost a good amount of weight at the time. I think I lost about 30-40 lbs in I think 6 months time. Maybe longer. I was so happy when I lost all that weight. I went on vacation to visit my mom and when I got back home, I completely stopped. Wish I hadn't. I have gained that and then some. From the time before I got pregnant with my 3rd child and now, I have probably gained about 90 lbs. I want to lost that 90 pounds by summer of 2011. I don't know where I should go for help. I don't have the motivation and will power to lose the weight. My husband suffers from combat PTSD which is the cause of my depression which is the cause of my weight gain and inability to lose the weight. Can someone guide me in the right direction for the motivation and help me gain will power? Thank you.

Onederchic 05-31-2010 09:08 PM

Hi and welcome (back) to 3FC.

Good luck with your goals.

Hugs
Michelle

kendra 05-31-2010 09:48 PM

Welcome back! Good Luck! Just remember to take it one day at a time.

LotusMama 05-31-2010 10:25 PM

Welcome back! I wish I could tell you how to find motivation and/or will power. I think a lot of people here will tell you that the real key is commitment. What did you do before that worked well for you? I would think about what worked and what didn't and use that as my jumping off point.

I wish you the best!

Cheers,

J

DhaniCauldwell 06-01-2010 12:00 AM

Good luck with your goals. And welcome back!

:queen: Dhani :queen:

Cglasscock1 06-01-2010 12:02 AM

You said that your depression from your husband's PTSD is keeping you from being able to lose weight. Two questions: first, has your husband received counseling and/or medication to help him with PTSD? Second, have you also looked into help for your depression? There is a forum on here for weight loss with issues of depression. You may find some help and inspiration there as well. Welcome back and good luck!

tkglenn 06-01-2010 11:40 PM

Thank you everyone!!!

Cglasscock1-he was seeing someone but has stopped. Then we started seeing someone else as a couple but stopped because it became too offensive. He is taking medication but it isn't working that well. I don't have insurance to get help for my depression and secondary PTSD or Caretakers PTSD. I have to take it as it comes and deal with it. Kinda sucks.

I did good today and yesterday. I walked around the block with my kids yesterday and today. Hopefully with my "work" schedule tomorrow I will be able to do it again. It isn't a long walk but enough to get started and to use up some of my childrens energy.

thank you again everyone for the support. I will check out that other support group.