Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 04-24-2010, 12:52 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 206.2/See ticker/140

Height: 5'4

Default Hey! Started dieting and exercising 3 weeks ago and now I find you all! We can do it!

Hello!!!

My name is Sarah and I'm 34 years old. I live in NC with my 3 daughters (16, 13 and 11) and my fiance, Pete. He and I have been together for 2 years now and I've been divorced for 3 years. I quit smoking one year ago and packed on close to 30 pounds from that and just allowing myself to eat whatever I wanted without any sort of exercise.

So, after starting/stopping a diet/exercise program at least 4-5 times over the course of the past year I feel like I have finally found something that works for me. I tend to start off great but set my expectations waaayyyy to high and burn out relatively quickly.

So, I just try to watch what I'm eating and keep my calories to around 1,400 a day and I also incorporate the Couch to 5K Running Program 3 days a week as my exercise. Some days, I eat a bit more but those days are happening less and less. I avoid fast food and drink pretty much just water. I allow myself the occasional drink but as I'm not really a drinker, only having one a week doesn't bother me.

So, I just finished the 3rd week of the C25K program and I'm down 11 pounds so far. I feel good...'

I started off at 211.8 and weighed in yesterday at 200.8. I cannot wait to say hello to the 100's again...

Right now, I'm still wearing a size 16 but it's baggy. I hope to be able to get back into a 14 once I get down to 190 (I'm 5'4 and naturally hippy/curvy). My long term goal is to get down to a 140....I hope to achieve that by the end of November.

I'm glad to have found you all!
smontoya5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 02:44 PM   #2  

Hey there Sarah. I just started recently too. Im in Virginia and have yo yo'd over the last few years. Im so ready to get this weight off. Look forward to seeing you on here and losing weight together! have a great weekend...
jenabelle7 is offline   Reply With Quote