3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Introductions (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/introductions-8/)
-   -   New Guy - with wrong name (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/introductions/199784-new-guy-wrong-name.html)

BibBob 04-19-2010 02:23 PM

New Guy - with wrong name

I meant to register myself as BigBob, not BibBob!!! :o

Oh well. I guess bibs are a good way to keep the food off my shirt. I actually have a problem with that! I'm laughing and that's a good thing, because I was and probably still am pretty depressed.

See, I am at my all time high weight. I cannot believe I let this happen. I lost some 66 pounds in the last year and a half, and I have gained back over 75. I am currently over 350 pounds (6'2") and experiencing all kinds of obesity related physical issues. It has become a nightmare for me. My back was too tight to get out of bed and fix my kid breakfast this morning. I just felt awful, but I was in that much pain. I have struggled being over weight since I was a kid. At times in my life I have been very fit, very very fit for a few years. But most of it has been a struggle. I am really really really sick of it.

I have probably studied diet and weight loss more than anything else in my life and I still can't seem to get it right. I am here for support and hoping I can be a support to others. For me this public posting is my moment of clarity. Maybe the 12 stepper have this right. I cannot do it alone. I am such a loner though, and a serial do it yourselfer. I hate diet programs, I hate pills, I hate spending money on something that should cost less -- less food, ya know. I'm just rambling now. I'll be around.

So. Hi. I'm BibBob, I guess. :^:

prepping 04-19-2010 02:36 PM

Hi bibbob! I was actually thinking that your subconscious may have forced your fingers there because when you're down to where you want to be, "BigBob" wouldn't be very appropriate! ;)

All I can say is that there's lots of info and advice here, and it's a great place to get (and give) support! I wish you the best and that you have all the success in the world. Positivity is key! :D

randomcards 04-19-2010 02:44 PM

Bob,

Hi from one of the few resident guys around here. Always glad to see another. I think it's pretty natural for us guys more so than the ladies to desire to do it on our own, it's a bit of a pride thing. Plus makes it easier to avoid past failures;)

I was in similar shoes at the beginning of December, and I can't even begin to describe how I've been able to wipe out years of stupidity with 4 months of thought and discipline. Completely changed my life and my ability interact with my family. So you can do it!

I'm with you on the no formal plans/diets/pills, etc. But I am a huge advocate of planning in general. I just built one for myself. I knew what I was great at and what I was terrible at and built my behaviors to maximize the pros and minimize the cons.

Probably the single biggest thing for me was careful calorie counting, especially in the first 3 months. I didn't really care about hitting exact numbers, but it was soo educational for me to see where I was wasting calories, how much more "bang for the buck" I got out of certain foods. How some slight changes could make big differences etc. Really opened my eyes, and made it harder to ingore binges.

Anyway keep posting, come say hi sometime...

Athene 04-19-2010 02:44 PM

Hey Bob!

I am new here too! This is my second day, we can get a feel for the place together. :)

I like BibBob.... because like Preppingbride said, it wont be appropriate later one and well.. Who doesn't want a good BIB when they are suckin' back all that HEALTH food??

I am not a big 'pill popper" either, I am even on the fence about those protien powders and stuff you should put into your drinks, or so I am told over and over again. The only thing I like to spend my "weight loss' money on is a new outfit & shoes! Yuppers, with every diet comes a new outfit...that i usually outgrow in a few months, because oreos are cheaper than carrots... Hopefully this time, because of 3fc, I can break that cycle!

AND SO CAN YOU!

See you around "Bibby!"

guttergirl78 04-19-2010 02:55 PM

might i reccommend fitday? I use that to track my calories and even my nutrition. Here I've been not getting enough potassium and I can fix that now. best of all it's FREEEEEEEEEEE. I use it to track my weight and based on my info it tells me how many calories I need per day.

Good Luck!

angelskeep 04-19-2010 02:56 PM

Howdy Bob. I think your typo was a Freudian slip designed to make you chuckle. Welcome to the fat chicks. Lots of friendly folk with help and support here.
You can do it. I've noticed that each pound or two makes a difference in being able to move around and I am now doing things I haven't been able to do for a while...even though I've only ;opst 25 pounds so far...ONLY...you know what I mean, though. Little changes can make a big difference and you took the first step by coming here.

Barb

BibBob 04-19-2010 03:55 PM

Thanks everyone. I feel welcome. I will check that out Guttergirl. In addition to not being able to get out of bed and fix breakfast for my kid, I also sat in a dining room chair this weekend... a chair I have sat in a thousand times... but suddenly my butt was a little too wide for the arm rests... and... well... with a little forced wedging from above I widened the distance between those armrests, which did something bad to the chair's structural integrity, which led to both of us collapsing to the floor! This was with guests over for a Sunday bbq... which made me sort of embarrassed to eat much... until doing so with a vengeance after they left! Argh.

BillBlueEyes 04-19-2010 09:43 PM

Hi Bob - welcome to 3FC from another male around here. Yep, there's a bunch of us spread around. Do you have an eating plan and an exercise plan already picked out?

By the by, if you want your name changed, you can just ask (here in this thread is good enough), and if BigBob is available, they're pretty amenable to fixing things like that.

BibBob 04-19-2010 10:25 PM

Thanks Bill. I think I'll stick with Bib because it still gives me a chuckle.

NO plan yet. I am in the formative stages of what I want to try. I mentioned in another thread that the Warrior Diet appeals to me because I do seem to function fine on that eating schedule (one meal a day and at night nonetheless). I've thought about this for a year.

I'm giving plenty of consideration to ideas, and I'm so disappointed in myself I suspect I am going to go for some radical 'beginning' losses like you might see on the biggest loser. I think taking the step to join a public forum was smart and now I'm probably going to take the dreaded 'before' pictures as a source of motivation.

BibBob 04-20-2010 10:03 AM

Is there a thread around here that explains all the abbreviations and acronyms. I keep finding myself not knowing what I am reading. It's a little frustrating.

BillBlueEyes 04-20-2010 10:10 AM

Bob - You can start here
3FC Announcements Acronyms

There are other "sticky" threads near that one that you might find useful to break through that feeling - that I certainly had - that every body else here knows the secret handshake.

guttergirl78 04-20-2010 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BibBob (Post 3256263)
Is there a thread around here that explains all the abbreviations and acronyms. I keep finding myself not knowing what I am reading. It's a little frustrating.

I've had to google a few in my time in general. Or ask my sister (who is 21, so more in the know lol). The last one I had to look up was NSV (Non Scale Victory)

BibBob 04-20-2010 10:19 AM

Thanks. NSV had me frustrated yesterday. This morning the list is getting really long though. I am too often ignorant of what I read, which makes this place a waste of my time. I did site search for acronyms and this thread popped up! lol

BibBob 04-20-2010 10:21 AM

Oh btw Bill -- awsome work in your threads. I'm at info overload so I forget what exactly they were... lol, but do remember your group on some diet was really doing great things and it sounds like the kind of thing I believe. Psychology before physiology -- something like that.

BibBob 04-20-2010 10:24 AM

Hns?