Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 04-14-2010, 07:31 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 147/121/118

Height: 5'4

Default Hello! Not far to go and I found you guys!

Hey everyone! I only just found you guys, and looking around it seems like a really friendly and supportive place, so I thought I'd join in!

I've always considered myself fat, but looking back I guess I was never really fat, just too chubby to feel confident in the clothes I liked. I'm getting married in four months, and I always intended to diet for my wedding, as there was no way in my mind I was going to let my weight dictate how I felt on one of the most important days of my life.

I'd always hovered around the 10 stone mark (140lbs) but last year I finally hit the 'overweight' spot on the Wii Fit - about two years after I'd bought it to kick my *** into shape. How well that worked! So, in November - after my Halloween blow-out, say goodbye to food party - I started dieting, using a combo of exercise with EA Sports Active and tracking my calories with Food Focus (online calorie counter). There was no way I could diet with any special plan as I'm on a really limited budget, like following new recipes etc and also have to do all the cooking for my OH too (so he does the washing up, SCORE). So basically, I managed to lose quite a lot of weight in November and December, and even kept it up over Christmas by just keeping to my calories, and exercising if I went over. Then in Jan, after seeing a photo of myself over New Year's and realising that although I'd lost weight, I still didn't look the way I wanted, I kicked it into higher gear by never going over my calorie allowance per day (instead of going over and then working it off) and still exercising. The way I did this was with ready meals - sounds weird I know, but it really helped me to just have a ready meal that was never over 500 calories, to fill me up and take my mind off food and planning elaborate dinners in the evening.

So, in March, after reaching my previous goal of 9 stone (126 pounds) I decided to take a little break as I was heading to Japan that month and there was no way I was going to be dieting on that trip! I also had previously changed my goal to 8 stone 6, which is 118 pounds, which is still, round about, my current goal. Long story short, I went to Japan, had a blast, ate everything, but walked A LOT and came back the same weight I left. After that amazing occurrence, I kinda got the idea I was totally invincible and didn't bother calorie counting and exercising, especially after, SURPRISE, my photos from Japan came back and for the first time in my life I thought 'hey, I'm kinda skinny!'. YES!

But, on Monday I took a trip to Hollister (I know, it's too young for me, but we don't really have many shops for it here, so there's not a massive teenybopper reputation for it and they do such cool shorts!) and tried on a pair of shorts. Okay, so I need to lose some more weight off my bum and hips! I am totally out of proportion and a complete pear shape, which I never really realised before. I know to a lot of you it might seem like I have already reached a decent weight, but it's all about confidence. Looking back at some older pics of me when I thought I was fat, I clearly wasn't. I know I'm not now. But I want to push that bit harder and feel as though I look good in my swimming cossie come my honeymoon, and make my new husband proud of his smokin' hot wife!

My current plans involve calorie counting and doing some exercise videos, as I'm totally bored of Wii fitness games. But I really recommend them, I have to say, they do get results.

Anyway, thank you if you read this far, I hope you'll allow me to stay and join in.
Belease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 08:22 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 256/ticker/150

Height: 5'11"

Welcome! This is a great place for encouragement and advice. Congrats on being almost done!! How exciting!
cherbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 12:13 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 147/121/118

Height: 5'4

Thank you! I'm hoping I've left enough time for me to lose the rest!
Belease is offline   Reply With Quote