3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Introductions (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/introductions-8/)
-   -   Day 1 of Ideal Protein Diet! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/introductions/198546-day-1-ideal-protein-diet.html)

northstar1959 04-05-2010 09:03 AM

Day 1 of Ideal Protein Diet!

Hi All, Im hoping to make some new friends here, as I have started the ideal protein diet today with hopes of losing 32 pounds by July 1st. Im hoping there are others out there on the diet that can become email buddies with me and share ideas and moral support to keep going till i reach my goal weight, and that I might be able to support you also...

Slimmity Slim 04-05-2010 09:54 AM

I am on day 12 and down 5 lbs. Not bad for a start. Something I learned this past weekend. .... be careful with medicines. I came down with a nasty cold and took Robitussin and Nyquil - both contain high fructose corn syrup and messed up my ketones. Oddly you never know where you might find this stuff so watch all labels.

Fat to thin 2010 04-05-2010 02:24 PM

My first day on Ideal Protein

I started Ideal Protein today as well. I have been reading through all of the threads and I am very excited. I have food sensitivities to wheat, yeast and eggs, so my choices of product are slim. I dropped 68 pounds by going raw vegan. When I started back to school in January, I chose easy over healthy. Once I went back to eating cooked, processed and animal based foods I QUICKLY put on 30 to 35 pounds. I also noticed all my bad food cravings returned as well.

My pancreas needs a good rest and hopefully will have "reset" by the time I get down to my goal weight. If I have to put pounds as the goal, then 100 lost would be wonderful. My true goal though is to be happy, healthy, fit and comfortable...no matter what the scale says.

I am not personally looking for a buddy as I am already over committed with school, work and family that it would not be fair to the other person. That being said, I am looking forward to following your results, and the results of others when I can! We can do this!

Dana

northstar1959 04-05-2010 06:51 PM

Hi everyone, thanks for the replies to my email, Im hypoglycemic and need to be on a diet at all times. Im having a harder time lately staying on track, and look forward to being online with you both to see how we do. My sons wedding is May 29th and I still dont have a dress for it, and hope to go shop for one the first of may... p.s. its day one and Im starving to death lol
talk to you tomorrow

PalmBeacher10 04-06-2010 11:00 AM

I just started too

Quote:

Originally Posted by northstar1959 (Post 3232623)
Hi All, Im hoping to make some new friends here, as I have started the ideal protein diet today with hopes of losing 32 pounds by July 1st. Im hoping there are others out there on the diet that can become email buddies with me and share ideas and moral support to keep going till i reach my goal weight, and that I might be able to support you also...

Hello I just started yesterday. I am on day two. I have been reading posts, and I am excited. How are you doing?;)

LettucePray 04-06-2010 03:44 PM

hey! looks like 4 of us started on the same day...that makes us IP sisters! :)

northstar1959 04-06-2010 07:02 PM

Hey gang, I am so looking forward to getting to know all of you, I lost 2 lbs last night, im starving today but didnt have my veggies at noon because i was in the city, but I just had dinner, 5 oz of turkey breast and mushrooms in oil with salt cooked in the microwave...
WE can do this gang, lets keep each other motivated, I had a hard time today but know that i have to make the right choices as Im hypoglycemic and everything is now starting to make me ill...
I thinks its awesome that we are newbies and want to help each other along the way...
Does anyone else have a special event happening soon, like me?
Its my 51st birthday this sunday, and am hoping to be down 5 lbs, what can we do as a group to motivate each other? I will try and post a positive thought each morning for all of us ok... Val

northstar1959 04-06-2010 07:04 PM

Hi Dana,
Can I just say one thing to you... You need to be committed to you! Your more important than anything or anyone else right now, unless you have a dieing family member, and we will help you to see that your more important than anything else... hugs

northstar1959 04-06-2010 07:04 PM

Oh one more thing, we are the 4 fat chicks lol

Fat to thin 2010 04-06-2010 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by northstar1959 (Post 3235435)
Oh one more thing, we are the 4 fat chicks lol

Not for long! :carrot:

Fat to thin 2010 04-06-2010 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by northstar1959 (Post 3235433)
Hi Dana,
Can I just say one thing to you... You need to be committed to you! Your more important than anything or anyone else right now, unless you have a dieing family member, and we will help you to see that your more important than anything else... hugs

Northstar you are so sweet. I couldn't agree with you more. When I stated I was over committed, I meant that my focus, being a 40 something going back to school, has to be on myself and it wouldn't be fair to someone else if I didn't have the extra time because of my schedule to be a full time buddy. Obviously work is mandatory and it isn't that I have a lot of family demands. I already put housework off as much as possible and would really benefit by having a drag net behind me. LOL Actually, it is just me and my wonderful and supportive life partner of 6 1/2 years. He is also in school so what little time we do have it is precious and we are selfish with it.

As much as I want to stop, read, post, etc., I know my time will be limited and I wanted to make sure that I didn't set any misleading expectations.

That being said, thank you for being so supportive. I look forward to checking in from time to time and being one of the Fabulous 4/5/10 IP group!! I am so looking forward to seeing the progress.

HUGS!!!!:hug:

Fat to thin 2010 04-06-2010 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by northstar1959 (Post 3235428)
Hey gang, I am so looking forward to getting to know all of you, I lost 2 lbs last night, im starving today but didnt have my veggies at noon because i was in the city, but I just had dinner, 5 oz of turkey breast and mushrooms in oil with salt cooked in the microwave...
WE can do this gang, lets keep each other motivated, I had a hard time today but know that i have to make the right choices as Im hypoglycemic and everything is now starting to make me ill...
I thinks its awesome that we are newbies and want to help each other along the way...
Does anyone else have a special event happening soon, like me?
Its my 51st birthday this sunday, and am hoping to be down 5 lbs, what can we do as a group to motivate each other? I will try and post a positive thought each morning for all of us ok... Val

Wow..your dinner sounds DELISH! I am having heavily seasoned ground turkey with steamed veggies. It is easy. I was ravished by dinner time last night. Didn't like that at all. I weigh at home daily. I found that was the only way I could stay on track...for me it works. I was down a pound. My first official weigh in is 4/16.

Today I managed to shake my shaker full of mushroom soup without the lid secure. Can you say YUCK! I guess you have to be smarter than a piece of plastic. The stuff is too precious to waste like that. It is literally like gold.

Woohoo and congrats on your birthday! 5 pounds lost is a (pardon the expression) piece of (birthday) cake Northstar!! The only thing I have coming up is next years 25th high school reunion. Oh joy. Hahahaha.

Ok...got to run. Have to study for a test. Congratulations on your success.

Scrosson 04-06-2010 08:06 PM

hi everyone!
so nice to see everyone else on here doing ip ive been on it since 03/15/2010 so coming to my month to date i have lost 18lbs! the first week id say was the hardest but honestly now that i ahve been on it for sometime im finding my self not wanting to eat all my dinner bc im full the stomachs definetly shrunk haha. im so happy for all of u and look forward to seeing all ur guys success if u have any questions dont hesitate to send me a message and more than willing to help. anyone out there eat lots of mcdonalds before? i sure know i did i found an amazing recipe from my couch big mac in a bowl im sure u guys have heard of it! soo amazing! good job everyone :)

Fat to thin 2010 04-06-2010 08:27 PM

Oh...and Welcome Michelle, SlimitySlim and Lettuce Pray!!

northstar1959 04-06-2010 09:30 PM

Well gang, we are all committed to helping each other...right! lol
I know the first 4 days are always the hardest but we need to help each other get threw it...
scrosson thanks for your input, Im am the biggest fan of the BIGGEST LOSER I hope your all watching it to motivate you... if it doesnt, nothing will...lol
Too bad we all couldnt spend one week at the ranch eh... wouldnt that be so sweet...
Anyway all have a great night and everyone please post your weight loses each day, it will help to make you see it as something more real...
Hugs and good night from Val