Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 02-11-2010, 11:58 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 201/ticker/125

Height: 5'

Smile Hello! Looking for some motivation.

I suppose we are all looking for motivation. Personally, I have watched my weight creep up to 200 pounds, and I'm sick of it! It started in college when my "freshman 15" turned into "freshman 30." D'oh! As pure coincidence, I'm sure, I also met my now husband as a freshman. I can't seem to get a handle on this weight business. I can keep from gaining more weight, but never lose it. I know part of it is a lack of effort. But even when I was walking and jogging every day, the pant size didn't budge. Part of it is also my family's mentality, which I subscribe to: you gotta live a little. I don't go overboard, but enough to keep from losing weight.

I hoping this community may help inforce some self-control, you know, on that sub-conscience level. I found this place purely on accident when looking up the famous cake and diet soda recipe. I like the attitudes of the posts I read. Hopefully this turns out to be one of my better accidental finds!
Gold32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 12:16 PM   #2  
This is the Last Time!!!

S/C/G: HW283/GW170

Height: 5'5"

One of the best pieces of advice came from somewhere here and it was:

It is not about motivation, it is about committment.

That's all I have for today.
HadEnough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 02:56 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 201/ticker/125

Height: 5'

Interesting and thought provoking statement.

When my grandma was still alive she used to listen to me and then, instead of saying something sweet, she'd say something like this. Some unexpected way of looking at things I hadn't considered before. Thanks! I've missed that...
Gold32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 08:29 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 263.5/256/170

Height: 5'5

Good luck to you. I just signed up on Monday. I like getting on just to get my mind off of the fridge and in no time I have lost interest in it. I live in Ohio too and can't wait for the weather to turn nice so that I can get outside instead of doing nothing inside. 4 days in and I have actually already dropped 8 1/2 lbs. I know that it is a lot of initial water weight but a pound is a pound and it is all one day at a time.
snoopy123 is offline   Reply With Quote