3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Introductions (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/introductions-8/)
-   -   Time to take charge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/introductions/190156-time-take-charge.html)

purple lotus 01-08-2010 12:57 AM

Time to take charge

Hey everyone!

I guess it's sort of a common story, but here I go. I've been overweight my whole life... and when I say overweight I mean terribly so. I'd never so much had a problem with being bigger but lately, it's become too much. My health is showing possible signs of a down-turn and I just don't feel good anymore. I'm self-conscious, uncomfortable and unhappy -- and I'm only 18!

So, now that I'm in college and taking charge in so many aspects of my life, I've decided it's time to take charge of my health and my happiness. I've tried dieting in the past but I've never succeeded, mostly due to lack of inspiration or drive. But now, it's time to lose this weight and do it right.

I've got a long way to go but I'm excited to do this. I don't really have a number in mind - though I did approximate a general goal weight. I just want to be healthy and to feel good. I couldn't ask for much else.

I hope I'll find some great support on this site! :)

Onederchic 01-08-2010 12:58 AM

Hi and welcome to 3FC :)

Good luck with your goals.

Hugs
Michelle

leeway 01-08-2010 01:22 AM

:wel3fc: Hi purple lotus!
How smart you are to make your priority health not just a diet or a number ( especially at your age - wish I had) - the support you need is here - you'll not be doing this on your own - we'll all be here to cheer you on.

Glad to have you join us! There are lots & lots of different groups and forums - I'm sure you'll find some that will keep you motivated and inspired - you'll be a wonderful addition to any of them. There's also info and first hand advice on different eating plans and exercise to help get through the ups and downs. Click on whatever looks interesting - perhaps the weight loss supoort forum, it's active and they're very helpful - the Success Stories are a definite must for motivation!

There are bunches of people here with more to lose and some with less - the bottom line is that we all have to do it a day at a time. The good thing is that we'll have lots of company along the way.

I've only been here a few months myself, having NEVER been part of an online forum. What has been so eye-opening is how much it has helped me. Whenever I feel overwhelmed or defeated, I just log on and read some of the success stories, complete with their before & after photos - or read about others still dealing day to day with their challenges - and before I know it, the time has flown by and so have all the thoughts of going off track or giving up. It has made all the difference in my success so far.

So welcome - you 've found the right place - join in by inspiring us and being inspired! :df:

All the best - good luck with your goals,
Lee

purple lotus 01-09-2010 01:26 AM

Thank you both so much!

Onederchic 01-09-2010 01:36 AM

You're welcome :)

leeway 01-09-2010 02:36 AM

You're quite welcome - remember , just take it a step at a time - small changes can add up to great results - you CAN do this! :hug: