Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 11-12-2009, 07:51 AM   #1  

Default Newbie, looking for support

This is the first time I visit a community about weight loss.
I´m 29 I weight 226 lbs and i´m 5'6".I absolutely hate my body and I really want to change.
I´ve tried going on diets before but I easily get discouraged,I have very low self esteem and I binge eat so misserably fail and end up feeling worse
Everyting seems like a vicious circle I want to get out of.I want to do it right this time, so I´m doing research to change my eating habits.
Binge eating is a big problem, I often get stressed, anxious and I go to the store and I buy all types of sweets, chips, soft drinks...anything sugary and sweet.
I find it so had to control how much I eat when I get stressed, and my lifestyle is hectic that dividing foods in many meals is impossible, I dont even have time for lunch, i´ve just gone back to college and have several part time jobs.
I´m kind of overwhelmed and lost with all the different diets and plans i´m finding and where to start with exercise
Tukita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 08:29 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 212/ticker/155

Height: 5'7"

Tukita: First of all:

I'm new too but I've already found loads of support and help both by reading through the boards and also talking with many of the wonderful ladies here!

I wanted to write because I struggle/ed with BED (Binge Eating Disorder) for several years. There is a difference between bingeing here and there and having and Eating Disorder. The hardest part for me was admitting it. I read some great books about BED such as Eating in the Light of the Moon. Being a Christian I also went to a Christian therapist (after a while) ... the most beneficial thing for me was realizing God loves me, thinks I'm beautiful, adopted me as a daughter ... Even when I binge He's not disgusted with me, but he's disgusted with the action because it's destroying me.

I got to a point where I would binge, get ready to beat myself up and stop. I would say you know what I just ate enough food for three days, but that doesn't change the fact that I am valuable. Then when I started to feel like I would binge, I realized the value that I was and I thought, "Hey I don't want to do this to myself."

Another big thing for me was learning to deal with the emotions that was causing me to binge ... instead of eating because I was angry/hurt/frustrated ... I learned to go and talk with the person or to journal it ... not easy because I'm a people pleaser!

I write all this to say there are loads of people here who will help you out, support you, and understand you! !!
Ashbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 08:58 AM   #3  

Height: 5'6

Hi tukita!

Welcome! I can totally relate to you because I have issues with stress eating. I like rationalize reasons to do it in my head and then I only end up feeling terrible after. So I just wanted to say that you aren't alone, and you will find great support here and if you ever need to talk I'm here
dreamer11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 09:29 AM   #4  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Welcome to 3FC and good luck with your goals.

Hugs
Michelle
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 08:42 PM   #5  
Weigh Down Yonder

Hi Tukita!
There are so many here that can relate to your story and your feelings having been there or are going through it now - it sounds like you're ready to get started - good luck with your goals- we'll all be here to cheer you on!

Glad to have you join us! There are lots & lots of different groups and forums - I'm sure you'll find some that will keep you motivated, inspired and entertained! You'll also find info and first hand advice on different plans to help choose the one that's right for you.

There are bunches of people here with more to lose and some with less - the bottom line is that we all have to do it a day at a time. The good thing is that we'll have lots of company along the way.

I've only been here a short time myself, having NEVER been part of an online forum. What has been so eye-opening is how much it has helped me. Whenever I feel overwhelmed or defeated, I just log on and read some of the success stories, complete with their before & after photos - or read about others still dealing day to day with their challenges - and before I know it, the time has flown by and so have all the thoughts of cheating or giving up.

So welcome - you've found the right place - join in by inspiring us and being inspired!
leeway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 07:53 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 214/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Welcome!

I'm in the same boat as you (I had a really bad year at university last year, and stress-ate until the cows came home) so hopefully we can support each other on our new journeys!

The hardest step is making the decision for change and you've made it.
yossarianlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 12:29 AM   #7  
Beauty Is Within

S/C/G: 202/190/150

Height: 5'4

Dont Give Up !! You Can Do It.. Just Put Your Mind To It And You Can Achieve Anything You Want !!
Xoxo
Ri
geminibella is offline   Reply With Quote