Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 10-04-2009, 02:01 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 170/131.5/133

Height: 5'2"

Smile Hi from a newbie

Hi - just signed up today.

Am two months into my efforts to get slim. I separated last year and went down from 187lb to 170ish without any trying - eating and cooking for one and going out less meant it just went. I then stopped losing around the turn of the year.

I have an ankle problem and the doctor suggested losing weight would assist. I had already decided that I had to try to shift the flab - partly spurred on by a comment made to me by a guy I really like (who didn't mean to hurt and who doesn't know he did - when I reach my goal I will let him know how he helped spur me on!).

I therefore started restricitng my calorie intake at the beginning of August (and cut down considerably on the alcohol!) and on 13 August joined a gym for the first time in my life.

I have had hiccups along the way - trips away, work conferences and nights out with the girls at work, but now, 2 months in I am nearly a stone down. I have set myself goals along the way - the first was to get under 12 stone - done! The next was to get my BMI down so that I am no longer obese - done! Third was to lose a stone - 0.75 of a lb to go on that one. Next will be to get under 11 stone, and I have also set a goal of losing a stone from 1 Oct to work Christmas party. I aim (perhaps optimistically) to be under 10 stone by Jan 1 - and then to 9 stone 7lb - once I get there I will see how I look and whether I want to try to lose more - that weight is at the higher end of my BMI range.

So - so far, so good! I am amazed as I always swore a gym would not be for me, but I am enjoying it - and keep increasing the time or difficulty of what I am doing. It is definitely helping to define my shape - especially my hips, bum and thighs which is my problem area. I have now reached the stage where people are noticing and that helps spur me on. Yesterday I bought a new autumn jacket as my previous ones are too large - and it is 2 sizes smaller than my last winter coat. Today I made my way to the butter section of the supermarket - not to buy, but to see what 24 packs of 250 grams look like - because that is the weight I have lost since August - and boy, does it look a lot!

So - I look forward to reading other people's posts and tips on this site and will update as to how I am doing.

(one carrot per kilo!)
W5fatgirlslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 02:43 PM   #2  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Welcome to 3FC and good luck with your goals

Hugs
Michelle
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 07:18 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 170/131.5/133

Default Update!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by W5fatgirlslim View Post
Hi - just signed up today.

Am two months into my efforts to get slim. I separated last year and went down from 187lb to 170ish without any trying - eating and cooking for one and going out less meant it just went. I then stopped losing around the turn of the year.

I have an ankle problem and the doctor suggested losing weight would assist. I had already decided that I had to try to shift the flab - partly spurred on by a comment made to me by a guy I really like (who didn't mean to hurt and who doesn't know he did - when I reach my goal I will let him know how he helped spur me on!).

I therefore started restricitng my calorie intake at the beginning of August (and cut down considerably on the alcohol!) and on 13 August joined a gym for the first time in my life.

I have had hiccups along the way - trips away, work conferences and nights out with the girls at work, but now, 2 months in I am nearly a stone down. I have set myself goals along the way - the first was to get under 12 stone - done! The next was to get my BMI down so that I am no longer obese - done! Third was to lose a stone - 0.75 of a lb to go on that one. Next will be to get under 11 stone, and I have also set a goal of losing a stone from 1 Oct to work Christmas party. I aim (perhaps optimistically) to be under 10 stone by Jan 1 - and then to 9 stone 7lb - once I get there I will see how I look and whether I want to try to lose more - that weight is at the higher end of my BMI range.

So - so far, so good! I am amazed as I always swore a gym would not be for me, but I am enjoying it - and keep increasing the time or difficulty of what I am doing. It is definitely helping to define my shape - especially my hips, bum and thighs which is my problem area. I have now reached the stage where people are noticing and that helps spur me on. Yesterday I bought a new autumn jacket as my previous ones are too large - and it is 2 sizes smaller than my last winter coat. Today I made my way to the butter section of the supermarket - not to buy, but to see what 24 packs of 250 grams look like - because that is the weight I have lost since August - and boy, does it look a lot!

So - I look forward to reading other people's posts and tips on this site and will update as to how I am doing.

(one carrot per kilo!)

Today I weighed and have lost that first stone - hooray!!!! Another goal achieved! Now to get to be 10 stone something!
W5fatgirlslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 07:21 PM   #4  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Congrats
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote