3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Introductions (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/introductions-8/)
-   -   I am fat and trying to make a change (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/introductions/182536-i-am-fat-trying-make-change.html)

damondietz 09-24-2009 10:45 AM

I am fat and trying to make a change

Hello all,

My name is Damon and I am 31/M. I am 6'3" - 320lbs. I am the highest weight I have ever been and I am feeling terrible about myself. I just had a baby in February and being home more often with her have gain 20lbs. Since her birth. I love her so much and want to be there for her when shegrows up but on the pace I am on now, i don't want my life cut short due to heart disease or cancer god forbid.

I have made a promise to myself a few days ago to do it this time for real. Consistant exercise and healthier eating habits. God o ly knows I have tried many times before. I wake up every day and all I can think about is food, losing weight, being fat, feeling lazy.... On and on and on.

Wish me luck on my last hooray attempt to get healthy and be right for myself and more importantly my family.

Damon
my weight loss blog - www{dot}damondietz{dot}com

Onederchic 09-24-2009 11:11 AM

Hi Damon and welcome to 3FC!

Good luck with your goals :cheer2:

Hugs
Michelle

Lori Bell 09-24-2009 11:58 AM

Hey Damon. Good news! You can lose weight. You can do it safely and effectively and for free! Like you said, do it for your baby girl. She deserves a Daddy who is healthy. Sometimes when we can't muster up the commitment for ourselves, we need to start out with whatever motivation we can find. A child is one of the best reasons to live healthy. You have plenty of time to convert to doing it for yourself. Jump on the wagon and hold on for dear life. As my favorite Nebraskan (Larry the cable guy) would say..."GIT -er done!"

mrhighnotes 09-24-2009 12:05 PM

Hello Damon,
I just sort of posted something similar a few before you. My boy needs a father who is not encumbered by excess weight, diseases or conditions related to it.
I wish you the best.

jefferzzzz 09-24-2009 04:01 PM

Welcome to the site and good luck!!

Alana in Canada 09-24-2009 04:16 PM

Welcome! You've come to the right place. Jump right in and start posting.

luvja 09-24-2009 04:19 PM

Hi Damon! :wel3fc:
You CAN do this. You have come to the right place.

Vivian27 09-24-2009 04:24 PM

Hi Damon!!! First of congrats on taking the first step. I wish you the best and keep us posted. You have come across the BEST website for support. Everyone here is so helpful sometimes you don't even have to post there are a lot of answers here. I can tell you that on a personal note I had given up. Something just said give it a shot and when I found this site I knew it was what I needed. I started on May 15th and have not looked back since. I am not perfect and still make mistakes but it is about improving and you CAN do this!! One step at a time, one day at a time, little by little you will get there.:D

kellygram 09-24-2009 04:31 PM

Damon,
Welcome & best wishes on your journey... you'll do great!!

cheerios 09-25-2009 06:43 PM

Hey Damon I am glad you are trying again and this time it will be for real cause you do want to live for your daughter and for the life you still have ahead of you. So keep it up and remind yourself everyday to not give up and you will thrive to become a healthier person who in turn will be able to take care of your young daughter and yourself. If you ever mess up one day just remember to pick yourself up the next day and never ever give up! Have fun and good luck also welcome to 3fc feel free to explore the forums and you will find tons of encouragement and support!

BillBlueEyes 09-25-2009 09:28 PM

Welcome Damon (damondietz)

Welcome to 3FC Damon (damondietz)

It's always good to have another man on the site.

Good luck with your goal to run a marathon.