3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Introductions (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/introductions-8/)
-   -   Stress is my biggest hinderance right now (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/introductions/177986-stress-my-biggest-hinderance-right-now.html)

chubbs 07-30-2009 10:27 PM

Stress is my biggest hinderance right now

I recently lost my husband (he passed away in Nov. 2008 - he had just turned 36 the month before). My weight never bothered my husband so I didn't let it bother that much. Now that I'm all my daughter (who is 11) has I know that I've got to do something to make sure that I'm as healthy as possible for her. I don't want to be skinny, I just want to lose some weight so that I can decrease my chances of health issues later on down the road since all my basic vitals (i.e. blood press., choles., etc.) is all normal. The only real issue I have at this point is the I.R. I know that right now my biggest hinderance is the stress from all the grief that I'm still dealing with.

Onederchic 07-30-2009 10:36 PM

I am very sorry about the loss of your husband. I lost my husband in 1999, he was 28, so I can understand with the exception of children, I have none.

You're in my prayers :hug:

Michelle86 07-31-2009 07:11 AM

I am very sorry for your loss :hug:

Stress can be a big factor in weight gain.. Are you doing anything right now to try to lose weight? One thing you can try is walking every night... It doesn't have to be far at first, you can build yourself up to walk more... Walking can be a big stress reliever too...It gives you a chance to clear your head and just listen to the nature around you.. And you can take your daughter with you to go walking so you have company if you want...

Theres also a lot of good posts throughout this forum that has different healthy recipes and a lot of guidance for getting yourself healthy.

The one thing about dieting and exercising is you have to be mentally prepared to do it.. You have to be determined you want to lose that weight... I've tried numerous of times before on starting diets and exercising but I would end up quitting and going back to eating take out... This diet I'm on, I'm on for good... I have my mind set on what I want to lose, and the time I want to lose it in. I think what helped me most with my diet is that goal in a certain realistic time frame...

AbbySinthe 07-31-2009 08:25 AM

I am so sorry about the loss of your husband. I know how badly stress can affect your body & your mind especially when trying to lose weight. Thank goodness for this forum because it's good to get your thoughts out & get some great advice during a very difficult time. :hug: Good luck.

kuhrisuh 07-31-2009 06:25 PM

I'm so sorry to hear about your husband :( .. I can't imagine how hard that must be. It is great, though, that you are there for your daughter and want to change your lifestyle for her. I applaud you for being so strong.

I don't know if your much of a writer, but writing may help to relieve some stress and let some of those emotions out. I wish you the best of luck and hope to see you around here soon!

XO, BB

CountingDown 07-31-2009 07:48 PM

:hug: You CAN do this! For you, for your daughter. Stress eating is tough, but it can be overcome!

Keep posting here, it really does help!