3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Introductions (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/introductions-8/)
-   -   Hello I'm new! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/introductions/176771-hello-im-new.html)

Minya 07-15-2009 06:12 PM

Hello I'm new!

Hello from Minya in Arizona! I stumbled on this website by accident while looking for support and tips on my weight loss goals. I, like many have tried every diet out there and finally I am settling with good ole fashion diet and exercise.

What happened to me in the past three years was rough regarding my weight. I got to my heaviest point of 275 and I wanted to kill myself. But, my fiancee held me together and I joined a curves gym, successfully losing about 20 pounds. :) Afterwards when money was tighter, I went to weight watchers to drop some more and found that it wasn't so bad. I lost around 30 pounds there. And both of these successes led up to my wedding, which my pictures were gorgeous no matter what. :D

But now I'm currently trying to lose more, after the 4th of July, I noticed i regained 10 pounds and I freaked out O_O so that's when I decided that I needed to get more than 55 pounds off. So, I just started doing the 30 day shred everyone is talking about and a super strict diet and already dropped 10 pounds in six days!! XD

Now I just the support of other people who are just like me! Trying to get to their goals.

Onederchic 07-15-2009 06:18 PM

Hi Minya and welcome to 3FC!

Hugs
Michelle

Minya 07-15-2009 06:31 PM

Thanks! :D And wow , look at your results!!! Amazing!!

Onederchic 07-15-2009 06:32 PM

You're very welcome :hug:

jendiet 07-15-2009 08:01 PM

welcome sweetie. 10 lbs in 6 days woohoo! We're here to support you!

Beck 07-15-2009 08:10 PM

Hi Minya- I'm a newbie too. Congrats on your weight loss, and I hope the support here will help you towards your end goal.

Minya 07-16-2009 01:18 AM

Thanks you guys, I really am going to need the support now XD, I made the mistake of eating out at paradise bakery today and i'm nuts at the moment while keeping my journal and the menu seemed safe. But when I got home I couldn't find the calories of the unsweetened peach tree I drank O_O nor the calorie count for the tablespoon of chipotle dressing !! I have a bad feeling about it XD

Pnut Butter 07-16-2009 12:13 PM

minya, welcome! im fairly new myself. congrats on your weight loss so far, it's things like that that'll keep you motivated to keep going. we're all here for support! i started keeping a food journal too, although im a huge procrastinator so it's hard to remember what you ate for the past week =) im sure you'll do better than me with that!! but all in all, we're all here for a change/maintenance/positive reinforcement, and just to make friends who understand one another. you go girl! keep up the great work!

Lori Bell 07-16-2009 02:01 PM

Hello, Welcome to 3FC. Congrats on your 50+ pounds lost. That is great!

I sure hope your "super-strict" diet is something you can live with for a long time... There is a reason many are called "crash" diets. ;) What kind of plan are you following?

Minya 07-16-2009 04:41 PM

Thanks Pnut butter! love the name btw!

Lori Bell, here's an example of one day of food I've eaten: measured and calorie counted-

Breakfast: cereal with soymilk - 240 calories

Vitamins: 2 women's formula and 1 flax seed oil - 10 calories

Lunch: 2 slices of whole wheat bread with hummus and grapes - 250 calories

Snack: banana 110 calories
1 serving of mixed veggies 25 calories
hummus - 50 calories

Dinner: veggie patty 100 calories
wheat bread (2 pieces) - 100 calories
bbq sauce (open pt) - 45 calories

Dessert : sliced banana 110 calories
2 sliced strawberries 17 -ish calories
one tablespoon of semi sweet choc chips - 70 calories

I had left over calories plus extras from my workout :)

so I ate a small bowl of cereal 120 cals and soymilk at 120 cals.

This day put me just under 1400 calories and I seemed to have eaten alot. XD Sometimes I go over my allowed calories because I'll eat bagels still and go to subway, i get the veggie sub with oil and vinegar, thats about 505 calories for a footlong :D and I split it up for two meals. Plus my love for choc chip cookies gets the better of me, like the one I had yesterday, it had 300 cals in it O_O it was a good thing i only ate half of it. I went over budget by a few calories. So eating out is still my weakness, but if I can keep within my 1400 calorie budget, or close to it i can still eat out. :)