Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 07-08-2009, 06:46 PM   #1  
Don't Give Up

S/C/G: 235/182.4/?

Height: 5'4

Smile Hello from HOT Arizona!

Hello from hot Arizona!!!

I’m new to this forum but I am hoping to make good friends and get support and give support with weight loss.

To give a little background about myself I got to a point that I put on a lot of weight. One day I found out that I weighed 235 pounds. I cried. I actually weighed 216 pounds when I got married and my husband is very fit. I use to be fit so when I realized how much I weighed I decided to change. It has been a gradual change but I lost 56.5 pounds and now weigh 178.5. My goal is to weigh 140 by January 2nd 2010 so later that year my husband & I can go to Hawaii. I’ve always wanted to go there and never have been able to. Now that I can go I want to wait until I’m healthy and can wear a bikini!

Loosing so much weight has motivated me to go for my dreams and given me self confidence I didn’t know I had.

I hope I can help others on the forum and be a supporting friend. I lost my weight by good old fashioned diet & exercise. I have not taken any pills in order to loose my weight so I hope I can encourage others who are trying to lose weight without pills to keep going because you can do it!

I’m also studying nutrition and hope to graduate with a minor in nutrition in roughly two years. So I’m a bit of a nerd when it comes to food. I’m also a science nerd and video game nerd so…if anyone likes science or video games we’ve got something to talk about!

Well enough about me! I’d love to hear about you!!!
SweetTink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 06:52 PM   #2  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Hi and welcome to 3FC!

Congrats on your success and good luck with your goals.

Hugs
Michelle
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 07:36 PM   #3  

Hello and welcome to 3FC.
Sophia Elise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 10:29 PM   #4  

S/C/G: original 221 198/ticker/150

Height: 5'9"

While our stats are different, it seems our ultimate goal is the same. I am working to lose weight "the old fashioned way" also. I have a bit of a distorted self image. I am trying to get used to my body 20lbs lighter as well as trying to continue to lose weight. I wish you all the best and if you want to pm me, feel free.
stargzr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 09:34 AM   #5  
No description available.

Welcome!!! Surf around and settle in! We have forums based on age, eating plan, exercise and more!

Congrats on your loss so far! Be sure to check out the Maintainers forum---you don't have to be at goal to post there.
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 03:36 PM   #6  
Don't Give Up

Smile Thanks!

Thanks for the great welcome!

I love the encouragement on this forum!
Old 07-09-2009, 03:43 PM   #7  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

You're welcome
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 12:07 PM   #8  

Height: 168

Hi there!
Nice to have you here! I am also new as you already know! I hope you will get to Hawaii soon and have a tanga swiming s. :-)

I am still wondering around, and not native engl. but keep in touch!
ADD Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 12:09 PM   #9  

How long did it take to see first results? You did a great job!
Do you count calories? How many do you take ?
Old 07-11-2009, 08:51 AM   #10  

Hi Sweety, are you there? :-)

Hope you are fine. I hope you will be a great encouragement to me as I am trying to do it "old fashion way" this time. I have tried all other ways and at the end I was bigger and bigger every time!

How were you menu? What do you eat? How many times? Do you study or work? How do you handle working hours and food?

Yesterday I finally started again, after loosing 40 pounds and gaining them back. I have realized I have to go day by day and NOT THINK about tomorrow or how much I have to loos3. Just try to manage thru today!

Also, I would recommend soups! I started to eat them at the beginning of almost every meal and it feels great. If fills you up and it worms your inside and I think that is what all emotional eaters are looking for. (I am one of them). One of the doctors teaches me that! Try it!

Plain soup, with some carrots in it or something like that, and some meet cooked in it. But without pastry or noodles or anything like that!

Thats it from my side. Hope you will jump in :-)
Old 07-11-2009, 11:02 PM   #11  
I'm changing my life!

Thanks for this post! I am so impressed by all of your weight loss! I look forward to following your progress!
chavwright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 03:12 AM   #12  
Don't Give Up

Smile Thanks ADD!!!

ADD you seriously made my DAY!!!!

Your messages are so sweet. I LOVED them!!! I’m still getting use to how things work around here on forums. If I had known you had responded I would have written sooner!

I feel for you knowing that you lost 40 pounds and then gained it back. That’s hard! I am proud of you for wanting to lose weight the “old fashioned way”! I think that by doing it that way you learn to keep it off. I know I haven’t just lost weight I’ve changed my thinking about my body entirely. If I had not had the journey and learned to understand my body better I would have never kept my weight off.

As far as how long it took me to see results it probably was a couple of weeks. I had started out with small changes in my diet. I would eat less. I would take the skin off my fried chicken, I would serve myself smaller portions, and a month and a half later when I got on the scale I had lost 15 pounds, which was about 2.5 pounds a week. (I of course still ate my chocolate. I LOVE chocolate!) That’s how it began. I cannot believe how much my health has improved since that time!

I am currently counting calories, weighing myself weekly, eating fruit and veggie snacks, making sure to take my vitamins, getting enough sleep, and exercising 4-6 times a week. Normally I swim laps, cardio boxing, and then 3 times of walking or low impact aerobics. I utilize a variety of workout methods including using the Wii Fit to help keep my workouts fun and interesting. Taking the time to exercise has really helped me to lose weight and feel great!

It is hard sometimes to take time away but it is worth it. I work full time and off and on I have been taking college classes in the evening. I am taking a break from school to work on my goals for loosing weight. This year loosing weight is my top priority.

As far as counting calories I use online calorie counter to show me how many calories I should be consuming daily and how many calories are in what I eat. My diet has always been the key to loosing weight. Even if I exercised everyday but ate too much I wouldn’t lose weight. I lost my first 47 pounds not counting calories. I currently started counting calories and my carb intake to help me get over a rut I was in. It really works and it has helped me to loose 11.5 pounds. Its also been very motivating! I think I’ve found the calorie intake that will allow me to loose 1-1.5 pounds a week. That is ideal. I’ve read numerous accounts that say loosing over 2 pounds a week makes it more likely that you will gain it back later. So I try to take it at a snails pace.

This is an exert from an article posted on family doctor. It's just one of the many articles talking about not loosing more then 2 pounds a week: “Many experts believe you should not try to lose more than 2 pounds per week. Losing more than 2 pounds in a week usually means that you are losing water weight and lean muscle mass instead of losing excess fat. If you do this, you will have less energy, and you will most likely gain the weight back.”

Oh and soups are great! Especially if it is a cold rainy day outside and you make some really great soup and it just warms you up. Oh I love it! They are very filling too. It's a smart plan and you've definetly got me thinking of having a bowl of soup tonight for dinner!

I really am such an emotional eater. I’ve just embraced that I do love food and I try to not deprive myself but just realize hey my body can only burn x amount of calories in a day and if I eat something high in calories for lunch I need to have a smaller dinner. In that same sentence I have to remind myself not to just eat chocolate or goodies and have really healthy meals & snacks so my body is getting a good variety of foods and nutrition. I also take vitamins.

Hey you should join the July exercise challenge. I joined and made a goal to get down to 175 pounds by July 25th. It has an outline of how many calories I’ve eaten, my exercise routine, and my goals if you care to look. I think it would be great for you to set some mini goals for yourself. I keep setting little goals and it has really helped me, but if it’s not your thing I’d understand. I just hope all of this helps.

If you do want to join in on the challenge go to the support forums. Then click on the 20 something link. There will be a post for the July exercise challenge. Take a look if you want. My post is at the bottom.

You have helped to encourage me to work harder and continue with my weight loss goals. Thank you!

ADD I know if you want to lose weight you can do it! You've done it once before, but this time you can keep the weight off! The key is to keep going and trying. If you do that you will achieve your weight loss goals!

Kat

__________________________________________________ _______________

Mini Goals:

1). Weigh 175 on July 25th
2). Weigh 169.9 on August 29th.
3). August 29th Hike Mt. Timp to the top!

If I had not had the journey I would never have achieved the goal.

Last edited by SweetTink; 07-12-2009 at 03:13 AM.