Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 05-22-2009, 06:25 PM   #1  
thin girl in me wants out

S/C/G: 193/189/132

Height: 5'4"

Smile Aussie Chick, new in 'forum-town'

Hi all,

I'm brand new on here, and could use some tips on motivation. My husband and I are losing weight together on a raw food diet, and I'm feeling better already after only 5 days - more energy, sleeping better. But I'm having a really hard time not giving in and slathering hot turkish bread with beetroot dip... or covering crackers with philly cheese and sweet chili sauce!

I have lost weight many times, and my downfall is motivation. I can never sustain it But seeing all the success stories on here, I wonder if maybe some of you ladies can give me some tips on not giving in!
gretchen1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 10:38 PM   #2  
No description available.

Welcome Gretchen! The first tip I would give you is to look for lifestyle changes that you can sustain for the longterm. Losing weight is one thing, keeping it off is something else! Can you visualize yourself on the raw food diet for a long long long time? How about calorie counting, where you can work some of those other foods in too?

I'm glad you are here! Surf around and settle in!
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 11:38 PM   #3  
thin girl in me wants out

S/C/G: 193/189/132

Height: 5'4"

Hi midwife
I'm planning on doing the raw food intensive for 2 weeks, then reintroducing some dairy and grains for two weeks. After that a nutritionist helped me work out a healthy vegetarian diet (I've been vegetarian for nearly 12 years), and I've joined the gym down the road from me, which I'm really enjoying
My husband and I are doing this together, but it's great to know there's all this girl support happening!
gretchen1986 is offline   Reply With Quote