Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 05-23-2009, 12:13 PM   #1  
banned

Default 35 Pounds Down - 65 More To Go In My 12-Week Slim Down

Sorry, I didn't realize I couldn't post my youtube channel here. So let me re-introduce myself. My apologies to the administrator.

I am the ImpatientDieter and I'm on a courageous mission to slim down 100 pounds in HOPEFULLY 12 weeks. I'm 14 days in and I've lost 35 pounds already. I still have 65 more to go, but I am on fire! I do have a much more regimented workout schedule and diet plan than most because this is a very serious mission for me. I know right now the weight is coming off extremely fast due to my size, and I realize that will slow down as I near my goal weight. But I am very enthusiastic about my weight loss so far and I'm going to start my own blog here about it. I do think that your own beliefs shape/limit your reality, and I choose not to believe that weight loss has to be some slow, drawn-out, arduous process. Weight gain certainly is not! I'm completely impatient when it comes to weight loss and I want it off now. And I'm on a mission to prove it can be done safely, quickly, on a 1200 cal balanced diet, with adequate exercise, and without drugs or surgery. I found a liquid diet program in which I can have 7 shakes per day, which are 100 calories each and have all the nutrients you need, and I am having 2 regular balanced meals of 250 cals each. So my metabolism is sped up by eating 9 times per day. For exercise, I am walking one hour in the morning on the treadmill and one hour in the evening on a very low 2.5 setting to keep my heart rate in the low target zone for fat burning. It's working better than I could have ever imagined for me so far and I will blog daily until I reach my goal.

Nice to meet you and wish me luck!

ImpatientDieter
ImpatientDieter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 12:43 PM   #2  
There is no spoon!

S/C/G: 265/ticker/160

Height: 5/9

Welcome to the community!
Delphi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 02:45 PM   #3  
Anne

S/C/G: 407/358-Dec2007/tracker/125

Height: 5'4"

Sigh, I have to call BS on this post.

3500 cals per pound x 35 pounds / 14 days = 8750 cals deficit per day

So, you're eating 1200 cals per day. That means you're burning 9950 calories per day. Assuming you're sleeping 8 hours (~ 1 cal/min) that's 480 cals while sleeping. Let's even assume you burn more while sleeping (800 cals). That still leaves you more than 9150 cals to burn in the remaining 16 hours.

That would require you to burn over 500 calories every hour that you're awake. Walking on a treadmill (at my weight) at 2.5mph burns no more than 400 calories.

If you're not here simply to sell your miracle product (ie. a spammer) I'd go see a doctor. As if you're losing that much weight without working out non-stop there's something wrong.
RealCdn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 03:26 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 198/155/140

Height: 5'9"

Welcome and good luck. I'm sure you could do a superslim down in 12 weeks, the people on the Biggest Loser lose a ton of weight in a short period of time.

Hope to see you stick around and read the forums to learn some healthy eating and dieting habits so you don't gain the weight back when you are done.
ringmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 03:30 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 225/ticker/155

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealCdn View Post

So, you're eating 1200 cals per day. That means you're burning 9950 calories per day. Assuming you're sleeping 8 hours (~ 1 cal/min) that's 480 cals while sleeping. Let's even assume you burn more while sleeping (800 cals). That still leaves you more than 9150 cals to burn in the remaining 16 hours.

That would require you to burn over 500 calories every hour that you're awake. Walking on a treadmill (at my weight) at 2.5mph burns no more than 400 calories.

If you're not here simply to sell your miracle product (ie. a spammer) I'd go see a doctor. As if you're losing that much weight without working out non-stop there's something wrong.
agreed
Jinksie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 08:15 PM   #6  
Passion Fruit!

S/C/G: 201/136.4/115

Height: 5 ft. 1 3/4 in.

I gotta agree.
Sunny Gee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 08:55 PM   #7  
Anne

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringmaster View Post
Welcome and good luck. I'm sure you could do a superslim down in 12 weeks, the people on the Biggest Loser lose a ton of weight in a short period of time.

Hope to see you stick around and read the forums to learn some healthy eating and dieting habits so you don't gain the weight back when you are done.
The thing is that The Biggest Loser 'weeks' are not actual weeks, which everyone seems to understand. Even so, this person is claiming extreme weight loss in 2 weeks, with only two hours of gentle walking. Seriously, think about that.

Sadly, I think this is a marketing scheme targeted at people who are desperate to believe that there's an easy way to lose weight. Yes, we'd all like to believe in it, but it doesn't exist. Although I don't watch The Biggest Loser, I've seen enough of it to know that they work VERY hard, long hours at a high level of exertion. There is no magic liquid diet program that promotes extreme weight loss. It's almost certainly a ploy to part people with their money. And if it doesn't work for you then that's your failure, not the product. I'm sorry, but our countries (I'm in Canada, but I think the US is the same) has a huge 'diet' industry of pills, supplements, guaranteed weight loss programs. You know something, we're getting heavier. If there really was something out there that worked, I mean really worked - everyone would know about it.
Old 05-23-2009, 09:03 PM   #8  
Anne

Oh, and I had to go look for it (took a while). When you see those before and after shots in advertisements - go look at the links (all shots were taken within minutes of each other).

http://workoutmanuals.com/The-Transformation

http://forums.jpfitness.com/28231-post6.html

Last edited by RealCdn; 05-23-2009 at 09:07 PM.
Old 05-24-2009, 08:44 AM   #9  

Height: 5'2

100lbs in 12weeks, wow I would love to see that. I am not discouraging you, after watching Biggest Loser, I know anything is possible so work hard at your goal.
size8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 09:12 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 318/294/Healthy

Height: 5'8

Quote:
The thing is that The Biggest Loser 'weeks' are not actual weeks, which everyone seems to understand. Even so, this person is claiming extreme weight loss in 2 weeks, with only two hours of gentle walking. Seriously, think about that.

Sadly, I think this is a marketing scheme targeted at people who are desperate to believe that there's an easy way to lose weight. Yes, we'd all like to believe in it, but it doesn't exist. Although I don't watch The Biggest Loser, I've seen enough of it to know that they work VERY hard, long hours at a high level of exertion. There is no magic liquid diet program that promotes extreme weight loss. It's almost certainly a ploy to part people with their money. And if it doesn't work for you then that's your failure, not the product. I'm sorry, but our countries (I'm in Canada, but I think the US is the same) has a huge 'diet' industry of pills, supplements, guaranteed weight loss programs. You know something, we're getting heavier. If there really was something out there that worked, I mean really worked - everyone would know about it.

Exactly!!!

I call troll!

Lets get a reality check here people.
LookingForMeAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 10:46 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 190/173/135

Height: 5ft 4.5

well each person's weight loss and time are different so if you can do it good on you
chudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 03:20 PM   #12  

Hi and

I think your goal is a bit unrealistic, but I applaud you for working toward it nonetheless....what works for you may not work for me and vice versa!
Luckybustert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 07:15 PM   #13  

Default truth be told

Quote:

I know this post is old as ****, but you guys totally did not call it. This lady had/has a youtube channel where she documented her journey and did what she set out to do. She didn't try to sell anything to make a profit and gave away all of her information about her success for FREE. She even held up a newspaper to prove the date each time she weighed in daily.

I came across this page because she has not posted anything in YEARS and was googling her to find out if she was still around and stumbled upon this.

If you are still on a weight loss journey I implore you to look up her videos! she is AMAZING
1MissBridget is offline   Reply With Quote