3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Introductions (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/introductions-8/)
-   -   An introduction (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/introductions/164281-introduction.html)

lovesjm 02-11-2009 03:07 PM

An introduction

Well, I suppose I have been on this journey for 4 weeks now. Im not sure why, but I am reluctant to use the word "diet". Actually, I havent mentioned this to anyone besides my husband, so I think this may be a good outlet for me.

Why am I here? Well, I have never been thin or little. Rounded. Thats what I was always told. I learned terrible eating habits growing up. My mother has always been over 300 pounds, and she loves to feed me cheese and chocolate. She blames her weight (and mine) on our genes. She has always told me that I will never not have a few extra pounds, and will be lucky if I end up like Auntie ******, at arounf 250. I have decided differently. While genes may play a role, my choices are what will really make the difference, so I am making better choices. I dont want to settle for being 250 pounds down the road. Thats not good enough. I want to be healthy. And when I have children one day, I want to teach them to be healthy as well, and to treat themselves respectfully.

So here I am. Learning to eat differently, running when I can (I love running!) and just trying to live better.

And I think the dancing carrot is cute. :carrot:

paperSkin 02-11-2009 03:44 PM

I know what you mean about the genes.. I inherited the family hips and hoping to show them who is boss :) Good luck and welcome to the site.

midwife 02-11-2009 07:44 PM

Welcome! Check out the running threads in the exercise forum!

Genetics may play a role, but our eating habits play more of a role. I thought I was doomed to a life of obesity.....I'm not! And neither are you!! Stick around and post often!

army wife 83 02-11-2009 11:31 PM

Welcome! I'm fighting family "genes" myself. You can do it girl!

CarolinaGirl 02-12-2009 09:06 AM

Welcome and good luck to you. It looks as if you have began your journey on the right path. There is so much inspiration here to help you along your way.:carrot:

Thighs Be Gone 02-12-2009 09:17 AM

Hey welcome. I am so glad you aren't listening to the genetics explanation! All my sisters and mother are obese or morbidly obese I should say. They are morbidly obese + because they don't exercise at all and eat until they cannot put another bite into their mouths most days. I was doing the same thing until I decided to get real and admit I had a problem with food.

You can do this. You don't have to settle into looking like your family. You can invent the person you want to be! Have fun with it and best of luck to you! :)

lovesjm 02-12-2009 12:59 PM

Thanks everyone! I am excited, and I am glad to see other people doing it, too!