3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Introductions (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/introductions-8/)
-   -   Are you kidding me? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/introductions/162454-you-kidding-me.html)

jcb061626 01-23-2009 02:53 PM

Are you kidding me?

Hello, Everyone:

My title, "Are you kidding me", is the line that pops into mind every time I try to button the waist band of my favorite pair of jeans. Here I am, in the same position I've been in one thousand times before, sitting in my black stretch pants wondering how this happened. I've been lurking for a while, so I realize that we all know exactly how it happened. I have lost control of food and I've lost the motivation to exercise. There really is no mystery.

I have never been much of a joiner, but I need some pals. I have done every dang diet out there, and funny thing, they just don't work if I don't stick with it. WW is the most recent attempt. I did well until I stopped doing well. I'm the dumb girl who thinks she can handle it on her own after I can button the waist band again.

Anyway, I wish everyone the best, and I hope I can find my way. At least I'm starting.

midwife 01-23-2009 02:58 PM

Welcome to 3FC!!

Sounds like you know the big lesson: these are lifelong changes if we want to keep the weight off.

I'm glad you're here!!

Surf around and settle in!

Cee8ee 01-23-2009 03:20 PM

Hi,
Yep been around that block a time or two myself. I have tried plan after plan and they all worked for awhile, but then I would get bored with them. So, now it is all about portion control and cutting out certain foods until I get down to a more managable level. But I DO walk 1½ miles at least 4 or 5 times a week, 6 if I can. And I am measureing every morsel I place on my tongue. And I am drinking a half gallon of water every day. So far it is working for me. I am down 8 pounds this month.

So, lets just hang in there and motivate one another. I don't believe in luck, so I won't say Good luck.. cuz I know you can do this.

CAT

flatiron 01-23-2009 03:35 PM

Hi, I am on Alli and going to Weight Watchers. I like their new Momentum Plan. It's a lot more flexible and it works if you follow it.

You should check it out it is not all that hard to follow.

And you'll get lots of support here!

:)

bargoo 01-23-2009 03:41 PM

Welcome and good luck! I have tried all the diets, too and found that counting calories worked best for me.

Bigmid 01-23-2009 05:03 PM

Welcome, as you can see I am new here too and I am in your same position. I lose and after awhile I find it easy to keep up with. Then something happens and I just put it back on again. At least we came to the right place as everyone is or was in the same boat.

Beautiful Ace 01-23-2009 05:05 PM

Welcome to 3FC!

mazza 01-23-2009 05:10 PM

Welcome to the forums!

jcb061626 01-23-2009 07:53 PM

Thank you very much for the warm welcome. It really is amazing how good it feels to be somewhat "transparent" with something I hate to think about, much less talk about. I sincerely appreciate it.

2ndChance09 01-23-2009 08:10 PM

Welcome! I know that feels for sure. Until last summer I kept a huge box of my skinny clothes from high school that were all size 2-4. I threw them out because I was so tired of looking at them and feeling sad I couldn't wear them. When I get to goal I am going to buy new clothes!

You can do this. Coming here and talking to people and just reading threads helps so much! Good luck withe everything! :)

lalique 01-23-2009 11:48 PM

:welcome3:

Glad you found us, and decided to join!!

plum 01-24-2009 06:07 PM

Welcome! I'm new here too. I wish you all the best- I believe that you can do anything you set your mind to. :]

KimL1214 01-24-2009 06:16 PM

Welcome!

I've found tons of forums that fit for me, just surf around and you will find some too!

sheltielover 01-25-2009 03:26 PM

im new here too! You sound just like me--- I've given up at this point trying to zip up my jeans. But, I'm MOTIVATED!

Tink777 01-25-2009 05:08 PM

Welcome! You sound like you're ready to jump in! Good luck!