3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Introductions (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/introductions-8/)
-   -   Hi there. I am new. Looking for encouragement and to encourage (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/introductions/161892-hi-there-i-am-new-looking-encouragement-encourage.html)

run4change 01-18-2009 10:03 AM

Hi there. I am new. Looking for encouragement and to encourage

Hi everyone. I visited a couple of times and posted but here is my introduction. I have lost 130 lbs on weight watchers. I am working hard to keep the weight off and have now kept it off for 13 months. I lost the weight between Dec. 2006 and Dec. 2007. I have run 7 marathons and 4 ultra marathons. Running has become a big part of my life since I started doing it in April of 2007. I think it is great. I started out only being able to do 12 minutes on the stationary bike and by July of 2008 I ran a 50 mile trail race. The journey has been amazing. I also have started blogging a bit. I have a blog about my weight loss journey with its struggles and victories. It feels good to be here and I hope to recieve and give encouragement.

patricia54 01-18-2009 11:55 AM

Did you attend the WW meetings?

Did you attend the meetings or do this on your on? I want to rejoin but right now I don't need to spend the money. Thanks
Patricia

Constance 01-18-2009 12:01 PM

Congratulations on your success. I just started my diet(again) 2 days ago. Do you think that the running was a big part of your succuss? Wish me luck!

Thighs Be Gone 01-18-2009 12:04 PM

run4change, I would like to know more about your training for the marathons..I am currently running a 5K every morning...I would like to go for a 1/2 marathon this year (13.1 miles) and need to know:

1. How long will it take me to train
2. How and when do I increase to train

Redneck Charger 01-19-2009 05:19 AM

G'day run4change.. Welcome to the 3 fat chicks on a diet forum.. Great place..and great to have you here with us.. Welcome...;)

run4change 01-19-2009 10:40 AM

Patricia. I attended and still attend meetings weeklly. If you don't want to spend the money, I would recommend having your own meeting with a couple other ladies on WW. HAve it at your house or theirs, do the weigh-in talk about the week. The support is crucial in my humble opinion. Keep up the good work. You can alway check out my blog too. The readers there are suppor supportive and there are a lot of WW's there

run4change 01-19-2009 10:41 AM

RUnning was a HUGE part of my weight loss. My blog has the whole story, but I started running after I lost 60 lbs and the running took the last 70 off. I took about 1 year to get the weight off.

run4change 01-19-2009 10:44 AM

Thights be gone. You can definitely run a marathon. I started training 7 months before my first marathon finish with a long run of 2 miles. Check out the blog for more info. because right now my time is limited a bit. The book that changed my life for running was Jeff Galloway's book on running. BAsically I took walk breaks through out training and the race. I increased my long run by one mile a week until I hit 12 miles, then I increased it 2 miles every other week. I did a 30 minute run two times in the middle of the week and that took me to the finish line.

1200cal_gal 01-19-2009 03:26 PM

That's amazing...great work!

chick_in_the_hat 01-19-2009 03:49 PM

:welcome2:

:woohoo: on maintaining 130 pounds lost!!

run4change 01-19-2009 07:33 PM

Thanks guys

midwife 01-20-2009 12:59 PM

Welcome, Run4change!

We'd love to see you down in Maintainers and we have a busy exercise forum full of runners!