Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-10-2009, 10:33 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 180/173.5/140

Height: 5'5"

Default Newbie Checking In -

Hi, I'm brand-new! Am honoring the New Years resolution I made to myself.

I live in upstate NY on a farm, married (coming up on my 34th anniversary) and have one daughter, also married and trying to start a family. I might be a granny someday soon!

I've always had weight problems and have tried just about every diet out there. Am in my 50s now and determined to get rid of it and keep it off. Last year I tried Nutrisystem, which shaved twenty pounds off me, but it got too expensive and I had to stop. Of course the weight came back.

This time around I've drastically changed my eating pattern, am working out five days a week and I doubled up on my water consumption. Trying to shock my metabolism into behaving itself, LOL.

One thing that hasn't helped is that I write and therefore sit in front of a computer a lot.

A visual problem for me: when I gain, I gain all over, so the extra weight is sometimes hard for me to see. When my clothes start screaming in agony as I attempt to put them on, well... that's when I know it's time to diet!

Looking forward to coming here for inspiration, support and ideas!

farmgirl
nyfarmgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 10:47 AM   #2  
No description available.

Welcome to 3FC!! Look around and settle in!

We have a 50 something forum and an active calorie counting forum.

What kind of exercise do you do?

I know it doesn't work for everyone but I am a big fan of regular weighing (usually daily weighing for me). There are water weight and hormonal fluctuations but it is a good way to keep tabs on the overall trend rather than waiting for the old pantsometer to kick in.

I'm glad you're here!
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 11:53 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 180/173.5/140

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by midwife View Post
Welcome to 3FC!! Look around and settle in!

We have a 50 something forum and an active calorie counting forum.

What kind of exercise do you do?

I know it doesn't work for everyone but I am a big fan of regular weighing (usually daily weighing for me). There are water weight and hormonal fluctuations but it is a good way to keep tabs on the overall trend rather than waiting for the old pantsometer to kick in.

I'm glad you're here!
Thanks! Appreciate the welcome.

For exercise I go on FitTV and do Gilad's morning workout, Mon - Fri. I take the weekends off. His workout is pretty good, and uses weights in the second half-hour.

I also have a Cross-Bow at home that I should use more, but it's a boring workout. And as soon as the weather improves and gets above 20 degrees, I'll be out there walking.

I'll be sure to check out some of the other forums!

farmgirl
nyfarmgirl is offline   Reply With Quote