Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 11-02-2008, 09:56 AM   #1  
Go Patriots!!!!

S/C/G: 277

Height: 5'9"

Default New Girl from Baaaston !!!

Hi everyone, just wanted to introduce myself. Im 29 year old woman living in New England and have finally decided to make a change... I have made those changing Mondays almost every week, but something changed me 3 weeks ago... I woke up a new person, not sure if I had a dream or it was something I ate, but I woke up and put on my running shoes, and went for a walk... The next day, I went further and ran for 30 seconds... I kept on going for 3 weeks now, and now I can run for 25 minutes straight outside, or 20 minutes on 5.5 speed with 1% incline on the treadmill...

Even the food part has been good to me... I haven't eaten crap in 3 weeks, drink plenty of water, and feel great... I have lost 14 lbs, and feel incredible... I have never gone this far without quitting, so Im really motivated this time...

Here's a little bit about me, in case anyone is interested..lol.. I am a true New Englander, I love the Red Sox, and the NE Patriots.. through thick and thin I will be a fan... I love to play all sports... just naturally athletic... love basketball and lacrosse.. What I use to hate is running.. it was used as punishment when I played on teams, but now I truly want to be a runner... I strive for the day where I can finish 6 miles and have it feel like a jog...

So here are the infamous stats... Im 5'9" and starting weight was 277 and now am 263. I really don't have a goal weight.. I don't know what Im supposed to weigh... but im trying to set the goal for 200 and go from there...

That's my story...
Thanks for having me...

-Jessica
(Go Patriots)
ProvGirl29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 10:36 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Welcome and good luck! You have made a great start.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 01:54 PM   #3  
I will be positive

S/C/G: 224/183/135

Height: 5'4"

Hi Jessica and welcome to 3FC! I think you will love it here, very nice and supportive people. You sound like your off to a good start and know what your doing so just keep up the good work. And congratulations on your losses so far.
inspired by you is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 02:06 PM   #4  
On my way!

S/C/G: 211/ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

HI Jessica! And welcome. I just joined myself. I loved what you shared and how you worked up into running. I feel like I've had the change mentally, but physically and nutritionally, not so much, LOL! I will look forward to following your progress!
mytmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 02:55 PM   #5  

S/C/G: SW269/CW259.8/GW150

Height: 5'3

First of all congrats on the 14 pound weight loss so far, you are starting off great!

And good for you for starting out running, I haven't had the nerve to try that yet. I am afraid I will scare people if they see me trying to run down the street looking like I am about to die

Good luck and keep up the great work!
iluvfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 07:26 PM   #6  
Go Patriots!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvfall View Post

First of all congrats on the 14 pound weight loss so far, you are starting off great!

And good for you for starting out running, I haven't had the nerve to try that yet. I am afraid I will scare people if they see me trying to run down the street looking like I am about to die

Good luck and keep up the great work!
oh believe me.. I don't look pretty running.. I know people stare and I had a car full of young teenagers yell out the window " that they can see why I was running" and many other hurtful things... Its a good thing Im a Police Officer and happened to catch the plate of that car.... (hmmm) lets leave it at that..lol Things are flopping around when I run, but I don't care what other people think.... It just motivates me more... I know my treadmill is jumping up and down when I run, and the skinny 20 year old man who is running at 10 speed is trying to hold onto his machine because mine is moving all around... I think its hysterical... so be it... Im there for me... not them...

When I first started 3 weeks ago... I literally ran for 30 seconds and wanted to die... now I have a hard time getting my heart rate up high enough for hard core burning.. so I know my body is changing...

I always get to a point where I just give up.. not sure why... but I think my will power can only stay on overdrive for so long... and then I break and eat that pint of Ben and Jerry's Cookie Dough Ice Cream... I know Im fat because I love food... Im not eating for any other reason... I don't eat when Im emotional, I don't eat out of boredom.. I eat because I love the taste... I love everything about the food we shouldn't eat....

I also have one problem... When I look in the mirror... I think I look good... I think I look skinny... I think its Reverse Anorexia.... Its the weirdest illusion ever.. until I take a picture and can't believe that's what I look like... I know you will all laugh at this.. but I know there are others out there with this disorder...lol

All joking aside, I look forward to the support and help and look forward to make some new friends.... Thanks for listening... and just stick with what works for you... I haven't figured out what works for me just yet, but Im making good choices, and am feeling great...

-Jessica
(Go Patriots)
Old 11-03-2008, 02:35 AM   #7  
Made of Starstuff

Hi Jessica!

I just moved to MA, but I've been a true New England gal my whole life. <3

Congratulations on the changes you've made. It's fantastic! Keep with it!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 07:33 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 242/187/150

Congratulations on you weight loss thus far! It sounds like you are headed in the right direction!!
QTestRDH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 06:57 PM   #9  

S/C/G: SW269/CW259.8/GW150

Height: 5'3

You know what good for you to keep to it and not to worry about other people! Like you said you are doing it for you and really maybe you will motivate some people along the way that didn't have the nerve to do that.
Well nice teenagers....talk about mean....I hope they get a "special" ticket *LOL*

Doesn't it feel good when you push yourself and in time you realize you are doing more and more? I think sometimes you really surprise yourself with what you can acomplish!

I totally hear you on the boredom eating, I am the exact same way. Watching tv at night while snacking is one of my worst habits. I have slowly broken that habit but once in awhile I have a breakdown! Even if you do breakdown, don't feel bad, you just get right back on track the next day. Everyone has their days where they breakdown, its just a matter of not giving up on yourself.

Geez the more you say the more I can relate, I hear you on thinking you don't look that bad. When I weighed 269 pounds, I didn't think I was that big at all, then I look at pictures now and I am like HELLO I was HUGE *L* I don't know how I really fooled myself for years thinking I wasn't really that fat.

Well if you are looking for a support buddy I will be happy to become buddies with you, we sound like we have similar views!
Take care!
iluvfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 08:06 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 170/Ticker/124-126

Height: 5'3"

welcome!!
jahjah1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 10:24 PM   #11  

Height: 5'6"

Hi Jessica!
I know what you mean about the mirror thing, I'll think I look pretty good sometimes and then I see a picture and I think I look awful.
And congratulations on the 14 lb loss!
ruth135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 10:33 PM   #12  
a.k.a. Bikini Bottom

S/C/G: see siggy!

Height: 5'10 - tall girls rule!

Last edited by SBD Sass; 11-03-2008 at 10:34 PM.
SBD Sass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 09:26 PM   #13  
Go Patriots!!!!

Thanks for all the great replies...

iluvfall, I tried replying but unfortunately I don't have enough posts to PM... so as soon as I can, lets get this rolling, and be weight loss buddies...
Talk to you soon...