Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 10-20-2008, 05:00 PM   #1  

S/C/G: I don't know my weight.

Height: 5'7"

Unhappy Battling Demons and Inner Conflict

I'm new, so please bear with me.....

Nothing would make me happier than to lose weight and look and feel good again. I am a reasonably intelligent, logical person, and I do know what that takes, yet.....I have not done this. It's not as if this thing which would make me happy is out of my reach. What are my roadblocks, one might ask? Nothing other than MYSELF. So, what is my problem? I ask myself that everyday (many times a day). I've come up with nothing except the realization that I'm my own worst enemy.

I am the quintessential example of the person with an angel on one shoulder and devil on the other -- in a constant war with one another over food and exercise. Unfortunately, nine times out of ten, the devil part of me wins. How can I allow my angel to conquer and defeat that oh-so-powerful devil?

Thanks for listening.....
JulesInMd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 05:05 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

It comes down to deciding you're going to make better choices whether you feel like it or not, with the full knowledge that those "don't feel like it" times WILL come. It's almost a tangible difference in your attitude.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 05:06 PM   #3  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

. . . you are not alone and that in itself can be a help. You just have to take things one small step; one small food decision; at a time. Looking at the bigger picture can be very frightening. You've come to a good place for support and encouragement.
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 05:56 PM   #4  
Cute, Curvy, Coquettish

Location: Manchester, New Hampshire. Originally from California

S/C/G: 192.5/180ish- I think! /150.0

Height: 5'1"

I struggle daily with food choices and exercising. You are not alone on this journey.

I agree taking baby steps is a great way to begin. Changing one 'bad' habit into something 'good' will in turn make you feel terrific, thus causing a ripple affect into more positive actions.

Best of luck to you.
bunny43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 06:41 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 165/160/125

Height: 5'4"

Hello! And
Izzy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 07:19 PM   #6  
One pound at a time!

S/C/G: 264/239/199

Height: 5'6"

You gotta ask yourself what you really want! Do you want the cheeseburger and snickers bar, or do you want to feel healthier, stronger, and more sexy? You have to make the choice every day (or every hour).

You can do it. First you have to really decide to do it.
bethbeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 07:57 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 249.5/249.5/110

Height: 5'2"

in my case, the devil on my shoulder doesn't have to say anything, because the angel LOVES baked goods!
Stick Me With A Fork is offline   Reply With Quote