3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Introductions (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/introductions-8/)
-   -   Newbee from Cali (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/introductions/149808-newbee-cali.html)

dolphinlvr 08-22-2008 01:01 PM

Newbee from Cali

Hi everyone I just started this two days ago and posted in forums I was interested in but forgot the most important one. I already posted some of this in other forums but this is the one I should have done it in to let you know a little of why I am here. I never had a weight problem until I hit 40. Then I went from a size 9/10 to a 16 in 5 years. No matter what I did, I would lose, then gain it back. I didn't think I was eating any different but then I started journaling and realized some of my problem. I would come home from work, cook dinner, watch TV and munch on things. Even though they were healthy they were calories and carbs. For the last year I have been watching what I eat and exercizing and was only losing a pound here and there. I was getting very discouraged. I was exercizing but feeling more sluggish than ever. I got a new doctor and he ran all kinds of tests and found that I had Hashimto's thryoiditis. He started me on pills in April and since then I have lost 15 lbs. Lost another pound today. I have a long way to go to get to my goal but I know I can do it with watching what I eat I am doing carb cycling right now and it is working. I know I will have good and bad days and that is why I joined this forum cuase you gals from what I have been reading are a great support group. Hopefully we can help each other in this journey.

bargoo 08-22-2008 02:09 PM

Welcome and good luck. Sounds like you have a good handle on the situation.

Lovely 08-22-2008 02:15 PM

:wel3fc: :wave:

Spoz 08-22-2008 02:17 PM

You seem to be starting out with a fantastic and optimistic attitude. Welcome to 3FC!

Mommysince21505 08-22-2008 02:32 PM

:welcome:

dolphinlvr 08-22-2008 02:52 PM

Thanks for the welcomes

sounds like you gals, Lauren, Fairie and bargoo have been around for awhile. Just curious. Which diet program are you on or did you use to get to where you are. Bargoo your below your goal and that is awesome. Any advice that help get you to where you are?

Karen

MotoMichelle 08-22-2008 04:06 PM

Welcome! I'm new too and this place seems great! :carrot:

bunny43 08-22-2008 05:20 PM

Hello

I am originally from California myself. The East Bay area (Oakland/Hayward/Pleasanton). I know San Jose very well! Used to take my son to Happy Hollow when he was young!

I am fairly new myself to this fabulous site. You will find a wealth of inspiration!

Best of luck to you.

gail

Spoz 08-22-2008 05:25 PM

Klmetz for me I started out changing my diet to healthier choices which didn't reduce my weight till I started calorie counting, and I eat about 1450ckal per day. The best advice I can give you which has taken weight loss and weight gain to learn is that maintaining a positive attitude is essential. Its a learning a curve, but so worthwhile in the end :)

cottagebythesea 08-22-2008 06:20 PM

:wel3fc: klmetz! I'm happy to hear that you've found a way of eating that works well for you. You'll find plenty of tips, support and encouragement from everyone here, and we're happy you decided to join us. We look forward to hearing from you often. :)

dolphinlvr 08-24-2008 02:18 AM

Fellow newbie

Quote:

Originally Posted by MotoMichelle (Post 2328756)
Welcome! I'm new too and this place seems great! :carrot:

Looks looks like we are close to the same goal weight and starting weight. Maybe we can help each other through this adventure!!!

dolphinlvr 08-24-2008 02:24 AM

I am orginally fro the east coast

Quote:

Originally Posted by bunny43 (Post 2328843)
Hello

I am originally from California myself. The East Bay area (Oakland/Hayward/Pleasanton). I know San Jose very well! Used to take my son to Happy Hollow when he was young!

I am fairly new myself to this fabulous site. You will find a wealth of inspiration!

Best of luck to you.

gail

Woow Gail if that is a picture of you you look fabulous. Any tips for a newbee. Do you exercise all the time??

Though I haved lived in San Jose for 29 years my husband and I are thinking of moving back east. I was born in New York, lived in North Carolina and we are thinking of moving back to NC in a year or so. Just curious...how is New Hampshire compared to Cali?

bunny43 08-24-2008 08:35 AM

Woow Gail if that is a picture of you you look fabulous.

I wish! That is the groovy Nancy Sinatra! I found her photo and thought that is somethinig that I could attain for sure. So I have that picture all over my house!

suenami 08-24-2008 01:21 PM

Welcome klmetz! Aren't the people here wonderful! I've gotten so much encouragement from reading the posts. IKWYM about never having a weight problem till age 40, that describes me for sure.

But we'll tackle it this time!

-Susan

bargoo 08-24-2008 07:41 PM

l lost my weight by calorie counting. I find it to be reliable, flexible and best of all free. I have done other diets in the past but find calorie counting works best for me. Where do you live in San Jose? I am near Westgate.