Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 08-01-2008, 04:28 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 166/see ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

Talking My "skinny girl" dream was reborn, thanks to my DOG!

Hi I'm Toni! I started my diet a little under 2 months ago and it's the first time in my life that I've really been able to stick to it. So the reason I'm here is because I'm doing this ALONE and its really pointless to tell any of my friends about my progress. They've never had weight problems so they don't understand how good it feels to lose just a few pounds. Not much support there. I have an excellent relationship with my mother but I refuse to tell her about my weight gains or losses because she only criticizes me.

So I stumbled upon this group completely by accident and I realized it's exactly what I needed! I've been doing pretty good on my own but I know the interaction and support could really help me reach my goals. I also look forward to sharing what I've learned on my own. If you still feel like reading on, here is story:

When I was about 10 years old I started to struggle with my weight. Much of it was just age-typical growth spurts/ puberty related weight fluctuations, but I was always a little chunkier than the rest of my friends and classmates. It became really apparent to me when I was in high school and my 2 best friends were gorgeously perfect and I was the fat best friend.NOT COOL. Looking back at pictures I was actually pretty thin, but not in comparison to the people around me.

My senior year of high school I totally blimped. I gained 30 lbs in 5 months!! When I graduated I was at my highest weight of 186. Fortunately during my freshman year of college I was able to avoid the dreaded "Freshman 15" and actually lost that much, not in a healthy way however. It was my first time being really far - 1500 miles - from my friends, family and anything resembling a home cooked meal. I had NO money, crazy stress levels, a box of popcorn and jar of peanut butter to get me through the last two weeks of the semester. But enough with the pity party, I transferred colleges and now I'm livin the college dream!

So over the last few years my weight continued to fluctuate and at some point a little over a year ago I reached a general acceptance of my weight. At 166 I was still considered "overweight" according to the Body Mass Index, but I pretty much came to terms with the fact that I would never be a skinny girl.

But then I got a dog!! A big one that needs to be walked A LOT!!

So being a broke college student with a dog who eats me out of house and home, combined with all the walking sparked my diet at the beginning of June.
tonimaroni2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 04:30 PM   #2  
Wish It~Dream It~Do It

S/C/G: 230/144.2/146

Height: 5ft3

BlzMaxGnrCCJkMly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 06:49 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 283/see ticker/180?

Height: 5'9"

Welcome from another big-dog owner and lover! You can do this, and this site is great for support and advice.
anita
guynna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 11:51 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 206/203/150

Welcome!!!
I have a dog that seems to walk me (she's huge)
You have come to the right place for support! There is an abundance of knowledge and support to help us all succeed.

Michelle
mseamons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 11:54 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 253/See Ticker/170

Height: 5'6"

Welcome!!!! Walking animals is great isn't it??? I walk my miniature horses and the dogs follow LOL

Good luck to you, you are on a great start xox
ItsGreat2BeMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 01:06 AM   #6  

Welcome aboard ToniMaroni2!
SunshineCA is offline   Reply With Quote