Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 07-24-2008, 07:06 PM   #1  
Just starting off...

S/C/G: 204/204/140

Height: 5'5"

Unhappy Never quite done something like this before.. last resort.. hopefully it works

Not even sure where to start..

I have a broken family who tells me I am disgusting and fat. A thin younger "star" of the family sister..

A wonderful boyfriend who trys to support me, but just doesn't get "it"

I found myself on here earlier searching quick fix diets.. the 3 day, the lemonade diet...

I have a cruise coming up, which I should be ecstatic about. Never been on a crusie before.. never had many chances to do anything with the type of family I have.. My wonderful boyfriend enabled me to do so.

I should be happy, right? I'm not.. I'm worried about my weight.. so searched google and found this site..

I'm 22, 204 pounds, and miserable.. I need some friends who understand my problems and who will be great motivaters.. hopefully this will help.
kimmie2bethin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 07:15 PM   #2  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

You have come to the right place. Look around and find a forum where you feel comfortable. I can't tell you how amazing everyone here is. I hope you will stick around and find out for yourself. I can't imagine trying to lose weight without the support I get from 3FC.

Don't listen to your family. You ARE wonderful - just the way you are. But, getting healthy and fit are worthwhile goals.

I think you find that most of the folk here have tried the quick diet fixes - in fact every single one of them out there. Almost everyone here will tell you that they don't work - not in the long run. I encourage you to save yourself some time and heartache and find a sensible plan that you can do for life. It really does work (I like calorie counting)!

You CAN do this! Keep us informed on how you are doing
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 07:19 PM   #3  
ProfessionalMisadventurer

S/C/G: 176/ticker/130

Height: 5'6"

Hey honey! Welcome to 3FC!!
We're all here because we feel, or have felt, the same way- unattractive, misunderstood, and unfairly judged. We've all been through painful experiences because of our weight problems, and we've decided to form a healthy relationship with food and our bodies. You'll make some great friends here, and get amazing support and advice! If you need anything at all, shoot me a private message, or respond on this thread. We're all here for you.
-Moony
moony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 07:30 PM   #4  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

Hey Kimmie! You can do this!!! When you come to 3fc, you know you are not alone. Sometimes, this journey feels so lonesome and when you'er doing something this monumental, you feel like you need a cheer squad or at the very least, not to be criticized! Just hang in there and come here as often as you can. Please find something you can work with forever. If you can't do it forever, it won't stay off forever and that would be a shame. I've lost weight before many times, but this time, I'm determined to do it for good. I'm also a calorie counter. I've found that with my tendancy to binge, I sometimes think I'm off the wagon when I'm really not. In the past, I would just give up and give in to temptation, but now, I know that if I ate too much at one meal, I can eat less on another and still feel like I'm in control. But, everyone's different and there is no one diet fits all...otherwise, we'd all be doing the same thing. I hope you will feel good enough about yourself to take good care of yourself. Just think: one year from now, you could be just like you are now, or you could be where you want to be. It's not easy or we wouldn't need eachother, but it is possible. If you have a chance, read through the GOALS section. It's so inspiring.
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 07:51 PM   #5  
Just starting off...

S/C/G: 204/204/140

Thank you for your warm welcome. I honestly didn't think I would get any replies to my thread. Hopefully this will work well. I'm new and don't know hardly anything about this place. Any helpful tips or heads up on anything?
kimmie2bethin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 08:03 PM   #6  
~Don't Postpone Joy~

S/C/G: 241.8/228/199.0

Welcome Kimmie
You'll be cruising around this site in no time... There is a 'ton' of support here and people actually understand each other... Give yourself credit for putting yourself out there and asking for help... Good Luck...
Sweetcaroline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 08:12 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 229/220/170

Height: 6'0'

If I were you, I'd checkout the diet plan section on the forums. Browse them and see which one works for you and looks like something you can live with. I like browsing the recipes... I also think that, regardless of whatever diet plan you choose, writing down everything you eat will help immensely. If you bite it, write it! Good luck!
chickybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 08:15 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 264/213/140

Height: 5'4"

Welcome Kimmie I too am new... so we are in the same boat... I did something radical.. and went ahead and got the gastric by pass... so I cheated LOL but I will support you no problem.. I have been fat since the age of 13.. I always got "gosh your pretty but the rest of you?" all my life.. so I know how you feel.. so relax you can do this sweetie.. take it a day at a time.... hugs dolly One day at a time Jeannie
diamondlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 09:20 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 158/142/at or below 135 lbs.

Hi Kimmie - Welcome!

May I suggest a calorie counting approach? It's free (you can use fitday.com or thedailyplate.com) to track your daily calories (or just write them down). Lots of 3FC'ers are calorie counters; it's a very effective approach. Maybe you could go to the goal section to get motivated - and then check out the calorie counting thread - or wherever you feel you fit. You'll see there are also South Beach threads, Weight Watchers, etc.

Good luck! I know you'll do great!
walking2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 09:30 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 285/195/175

Hey Kimmie, welcome to 3FC I have only been here for about 6 weeks, and I love it!! So much support, and happy stories to keep you motivated. I was having ALOT of trouble, I joined Weight Watchers 4 weeks ago, I LOVE IT. Its easy and from what I am reading from you, I think you would enjoy it too, you should really check it out, I lost 8 pounds my first 2 weeks. Keep in touch. good luck, you can do this!! Yay for your boyfriend taking you on a cruise, I'm jealous lol! By the way I am 22, and 206, so we are very close in stats, the best thing you can do is stay positive, its really difficult but I have been trying it for the last 3 weeks and its helping!

JennyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 10:00 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 235/213/145

hey! you have definitely come to the right place for support! i love it here! everyone is so helpful
vblizard8756 is offline   Reply With Quote