Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 06-20-2008, 08:42 AM   #16  
Starting Over

S/C/G: 194.6/188.2/135

Height: 5'2"

Oh man! Been there too. Someone actually offered me their seat on the subway. And when I declined, they actually got up anyway and said "No, please, sit down."

Leave it to me to end up in front of the one New Yorker who doesn't pretend to be asleep or isn't suddenly so engrossed with the stains on the floor or the design of the ceiling!

Anyway, welcome!! And congratulations on starting to make these changes for yourself!
Carrie3146 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 09:04 AM   #17  
On a Mission

S/C/G: 246/193/169

Height: 5'9"

HI welcome aboard. You have to excuse the general public, no one is the brainiac they think they are!
4star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 10:24 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 205/203/140

It certainly is amusing reading all of your stories, and it definitely makes me feel better knowing I am not the only one to have had such a horrid experience due to my weight!

broadabroad- I was seriously laughing out loud at the FAT guy. That is HILARIOUS! I, too, was a teacher abroad (Pardubice, Czech Republic) and came away with some *very* colorful stories! We have much in common
kapowilicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 11:22 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/125

Height: 5'5''

You also could have said, "Why yes! I'm 39 1/2 weeks along!" Then leave her to scrunch her face as she tries to do the math.
Michelle125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 12:17 PM   #20  
Fay

S/C/G: 240/see ticker/140

Height: 5/3

Ooh, dobry den, kapowilicious! Funnily enough I lived in Brno (Moravia) for a year, and taught conversational English in a Gym****um there just after I graduated from University! Lovely country, and, damn, Prague is just STUNNING. What about those crazy Easter beating-the-girls-with-sticks games, eh? But I did love the beer, and the beautiful architecture... (****, a couple of years later I ended up working for Pilsner Urquell in their London office! So I CAN say on my CV, with absolute honesty, that I have organized a piss-up in a brewery! Several times!)

Foreign parts - they're rarely dull!

Last edited by broadabroad; 06-20-2008 at 12:20 PM.
broadabroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 01:10 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 231/223/160

Height: 5 ft 1 in

Welcome! I hear ya... it's one of my worst fears is someone saying I look pregnant. I also have a lot of weight in my stomach area, but i to am doing Turbo Jam! So hopefully that will change soon..i love Turbo Jam!!

And people commenting on your size even when you are pregnant is annoying as well. I gained a lot of weight with both pregnancies and with my first, someone asked me if I was having twins! idiots....if your not sure, don't ask!
cheeseheader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 02:09 PM   #22  
Started Fat Smash 6/16

S/C/G: 286/276/250

Height: 5'7

I did that once 10 years ago and will never forget it... the girls response was,no Im just fat. I felt so bad and wanted to crawl out of the room. Now like the other Lisa,if I dont seeif coming out I dont saw anything .

I have also been on the other shoe.. have someone call me fat while I was pregnant.
LisaNJ33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 03:40 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 150/Ticker/127

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapowilicious View Post
I have spent the last 2 years packing my head FULL of information on exercise, weight lifting, proper nutrition, etc. I guess somewhere along the lines I forgot that I actually had to put the books down, get off the couch, and APPLY the knowledge.

But that will change
I did and STILL do the SAME exact thing.. although Now I have been applying it a bit more then oh say ...never!. I love how after I get done reseraching online about health,dieting, food etc I feel so empowered and healthy after and then I realize what I have just done ! but whatever it is still helping to learn about it so that when I do finally do it I know what the heck I am doing... we are less likely to fail!
onesullengurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 04:49 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 205/203/140

broadabroad- Dobry den to you! The Easter festivities...yikes. Thinking about it brings me to tears, because I have a horribly funny and embarrassing story about it. I won't go into a lot of detail here...but I will say I was lost from 7-10am in the morning, with no sleep the previous night, little boys chasing me with sticks, and all the while I had to pee SO BAD I COULD TASTE IT. I don't think I've ever been SO CLOSE to peeing myself and NOT peed myself. Yes, that was an Easter I won't soon forget!
kapowilicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 07:43 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 93.6/92.5/85

Height: 5.4

Hi ya, I was sitting here thinking to get back into diet mode. (AGAIN!!!) And cruizin around the posts. And read your post. Funny thing is, that last nite i was sitting watching TV and looked down to discover my tummy was bigger than my boobs. (Thought it was just the clothes until I squeezed it) Right now, I am going back to jion the groups again. Thanks so much for your story.
Mary
MaryL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 10:55 PM   #26  
I wont give in.

S/C/G: 312/188/130

Height: 5'8

Ugh! I know exactly what you mean. I am only 18 and have been asked TWICE if I was pregnant at work, and after I lost some weight... It was extremely embarrassing, and in front of my crush.
bfvgirlplayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 11:10 PM   #27  
started IP 10/27/2012

S/C/G: 250.4/237.8/145

Height: 5'6"

I just can't believe people sometimes. I can't imagine what I would have said. Fortunatly I do't carry a lot of weight in my belly, it's more in my butt, legs, and those flappy things underneath my arms.

Good Luck on your weight lose journay.
Nikki2476 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 10:55 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 297.4/ticker/190

Height: 5'3"

OMG.....first and foremost let me just say I laughed so hard when I read your post. I by no means think your situation is funny (I'm right there with you), but some of the ways you used to describe your situation where just so unique and funny!!!

I am in the same boat as you are (got married and started packing it on)...your lucky though...it only took you two years to get motivated and get started...I'm on year four and 50 lbs later! Oh well, we will get there!

Look at it this way.....someday you will look back on that person who asked you if you were pregnant and thank them.....they gave you just the motivation you needed......

Well good luck!!
McKenziesmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 02:54 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 215/191.6/135

Height: 5'6"

I was 17 the one and only time some asked me that. However, she didn't ask if I was pregnant. This was one of my coworkers and she said, "You seem to smart to have gotten pregnant in high school. I hope you go back when you have the baby and don't go on welfare. Are you going to put it up for adoption?" Couldn't slow her down to say, "Excuse me?!" I couldn't believe the number of value judgements she made against me.
briezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 03:07 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 158/148/130

Height: 5'7"

This has happened to me when I was thin on occasion, which then reflected more on the commenter than on me; however, now I'm afraid it's a reflection on me!! Especially when wearing the empire waist fashions...
meggoat is offline   Reply With Quote