3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Introductions (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/introductions-8/)
-   -   I am a newbie! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/introductions/143748-i-am-newbie.html)

jtwells 06-12-2008 08:46 PM

I am a newbie!

Hi I am Terri ;)
I have been trying to eat more healthy and get my weight down to help with my health and my knee joint pain.

I am 47 and work in a office, so I sit most of the time. I started my healthy eating the last week of October 2007. When I started my weight was 232 and now I am at 180.5 pounds. I am only 5'1 so I am trying to get down to 140 pounds.

I actually eat more now that I am eating healthy and making better choices. I try to keep my calorie intake under 1600 calories a day and eating more veggies and fruits. I do not want to feel starved or deprived so I do not care if I loose the weight fast, one pound a week is fine with me.

I was browsing through the internet and found some inspirational stories on this web site. I liked the idea of this site being a support group type.

I look forward to getting to know others and exploring this site more.

Terri

mandalinn82 06-12-2008 08:53 PM

Hey Terri! :wel3fc:

Wow! You've made tremendous strides so far - congratulations!

I also found I ate WAY more when eating healthy foods than I ever did before...isn't it great?

You may want to explore the Calorie Counters forum, the 100 lb club, or the 40-somethings...all groups that you'd be a great addition to. Settle in, pick one spot or many, and get to posting. I can't wait to get to know you!

BlzMaxGnrCCJkMly 06-12-2008 09:08 PM

:welcome3: terri

morningglory1954 06-12-2008 09:12 PM

I am new here too. I had gastric bypass in October of 07 at the age of 53. I have lost 93 pounds and have never felt better. I would do it again in a heartbeat. I just got into "Onderland" yesterday. I finally broke into the 100's and I said good bye to the 200's forever. I set the goal of onderland for my 20th wedding anniversay which was yesterday. I sat at 200.0 pounds for 3 weeks. I just knew that I wasn't going to make my short term goal. I got on the scale yesterday morning and low and behold it said 198.0 and I couldn't believe it so I weighed myself again. lol I was willing to settle for 199.8 but I am not going to settle anymore. I want it all and that is what I am going after!!!!
This is my first post and I am so confused. I can't seem to figure anything out on this site. I think I might like it but so far I am sitting here in a daze. lol Is there somewhere that I can go on here to get some instructions? I need them really bad!! lol

meowee 06-13-2008 10:08 AM

:yay: Terri . . . you are doing great . . . keep up the good work, Chickie.