Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 06-09-2008, 09:29 PM   #1  

Unhappy Another newbie here!

Hello all!

I wanted to take a few minutes and introduce myself. My name is Karina and I will be 33 on Wednesday and I have hit the wall of sick and tired of being sick and tired about my weight!

Everything came crashing in on me this evening when I sat at my computer uploading pictures from my daugther's 3rd birthday this weekend!

I have 2 daughter that I adore, one just turned 3 years old and the other is 9 months. My husband and I have been together for close to 9 years and married 5 years this October. I have struggled with my weight all my life. I was always active growing up, twirling, dancing and cheerleading were my passions and I stayed fit doing all those through school. When I met my husband I was a size 12 and very conformtable in my skin, but as many of you can related when you get comfortable in a relationship you start to get comfortable all together! I put on some weight and then when my husband proposed to me in January 2002 I did what every soon bride to be does..begin to eat right, exercise and lose weight. I couldn't believe how much weight I lost and wore a bikini for the first time in a LONG time on my honeymoon! Then 1 year later I was pregnant with my 1st daughter and had an emergency c-section, lost most of the weight and then alittle over a year and a half later was pregnant with my 2nd daughter and had another c-section.

Here is where I am at today...disgusted and upset with myself! I can't believe how big I have gotten and I finally realized it when I saw the pictures from my daughter's birthday party this weekend...I went from a size 12 to 14 to now a 16/18 Womens...I am completey embarrassed and humilated with saying that and knowing that is the size I am! I have avoided mirrors for so long but I finally faced the hard truth when I saw the pictures.

I am hoping that you all can help me, support me, give me advice and be brutally honest with me because I am now fully commiting myself to not just losing weight but creating a healthy and fit lifestyle so that my beautiful daugthers will not ever have to feel like I do when they grow up and won't be "embarassed" by the way their mommy looks!

So, as I sit in front of my computer on the eve of day 1 (tomorrow) of changing my eating habits, exercise habits, and losing weight and hoping that I can join all of you on the journey of changing my life style and support all of you on this crazy peaks and valleys of weight loss as I hope you do for me!

Starting weight 232...goal weight 155-160 and to be healthy!!
2LittleTurtles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 09:36 PM   #2  

Welcome to the forum. Take one step at a time.
Katrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 10:52 PM   #3  
Future Title:'sexy shell'

S/C/G: 179/179/120

Height: 5'7"

hi 2littleturtles!
I just read you story. I just want to wish you lots of luck for your first day of your new lifestyle. I'm also going to begin with my weight loss journey from tommorow morning.
I know that you're going to do well because of ur determination...
Kick some butt tomorrow girlfriend!!!!!!!!
sweet shell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 11:07 PM   #4  

Height: 5'3"

Karina
I just read your post and wanted to cheer you on. I hope you have a great day tomorrow and remember you are worth it.
So Pink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 08:15 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 148.2/145.2/135

Welcome Karina.

One day at a time really is the best advice. You will do this I know you will. We can do this together. Did you want some buddies to help challenge you daily? Set some mini goals, and some long term goals? I am up to challenge if you are. Let me know.

I think you have made the smartest choice of all, you are seeking help with people who know exactly what you are going through! We are here with you!

Boo
aka Beth
RedoBoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 09:14 AM   #6  
Excited!

S/C/G: 260/See Ticker!/150

Height: 5'2''

Congrats on starting new! I feel for your situation because I too when from a 12 to a 14 to a 16. When I saw my 16's getting tighter I KNEW I had to do something! I know you'll do great... you have 2 little girls for amazing inspiration!
onic28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 09:22 AM   #7  
KLK
Karen: La Cicciona

S/C/G: Sz 24-26 / Sz 12-14 / Sz 6-8

Height: 5' 4"

Welcome!
KLK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 10:07 AM   #8  
Becky

S/C/G: 190/190/150

Height: 5' 6.5"

I understand how you feel when those sizes just keep creeping up on you! I've never been tiny - but when I bought 14 and they barely fit I knew I had to try and make some changes too. Unfourtunatley I hate to excercise! But I'm trying. Good Luck!
momofboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 10:35 AM   #9  
Party Starter.

S/C/G: 200/183/140

Height: 5'3"

Welcome Karina!
I also identified with your story. I found myself at my highest weight a year or two after having a c-section for my twin daughters birth. I was so uncomfortable with myself... constantly tugging at my clothes, trying to "suck it in" when out in public thinking that would somehow hide my weight... and I got really, really tired of being treated like a second class citizen because of how I looked - strangers wouldn't hold doors for me, wouldn't look me in the eye, and looked uncomfortable if I talked to them. It was embarressing and humiliating.

In 2004, I reached my highest of 220. I started a home-made weight watchers type diet and worked out everyday using The Firm DVDs. In 10 months I lost 70lbs, and felt awesome. Then, I started to relax and not work out so much. I was able to maintain for a while.

I became a single mom in 2006, and went through the involuntary Heart Break Diet. I reached my lowest of 147 in September 2006. Ever since then it has been a slow uphill climb. I saw 182 in January of this year, and was so angry. I started the Fat Smash diet, and got down to 166 in 2 months. Life threw a few curve balls at me.. and I haven't been able to concentrate on diet. This month, things are ok again temporarily... and I tried to start the Fat Smash detox again but didn't give it my all. Today is the first day back, and I am determined not to waste this month.

You can do this. Make small goals for yourself. I found that this helped me immensely in the past. I calculated 5% of my weight (220 x 5% = 11 lbs) and then I calculated 10%, 15% so on. I made a ton of mini goals and everytime I reached one, I had a non-food reward. It helped. I also blogged everyday, and had a website with progress photos (none showing my face) and kept a log of monthly measurements. It helped me to stay focused. I also made a monthly rotation calendar of my workouts, so I always knew what I was planning on doing.

You can do this. I hope your Day One is going good. And remember... even if you hit a speed bump... it's never cause enough to cancel your Weight Loss Trip. You are human... we make mistakes... just keep moving forward. I hear it takes 30 days to change a habit - the weight didn't come on overnight, so it won't come off overnight. Stay focused, keep your kids as motivation... and you can succeed.
fromshantoslim is offline   Reply With Quote